Jay Peak Resort
$105
Travelocity
Le Montagnard(Sutton)(Great Value!)
$105
Auberge des Appalaches(Sutton)(Great Value!)
$89
Auberge Sutton Brouerie(Sutton)(Great Value!)
$80
Travelocity
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe(Sutton)(Great Value!)
$97
1,371 results
All reviewsjay peakwater parkpump housefull kitchenindoor waterparkhockey tournamentgreat tripgreat family vacationski schoolbring your owna lot of funslopeside condosalice's tablethe sofa bedski vacationmountain dick's pizzastateside hotel
Reviewed March 17, 2013

When you can park your car at valet parking when at arrival and take it back 4 days later when you leave, it's because you are staying in a well serviced resort.
we stayed at Tram Haus Lodge, one adult three kids. interior accec to multiple restaurant, arcade, waterpark, grocery store, pizza counter and more. 20 steps from the cahir lifts. ski locker at ground level.
ski school building and people are great.
Hotel Jay and Tram Haus are brand new.
Quality of personel is ok, not more, not all employees looked like they wanted to be there, but it did not alter our stay.

3  Thank JeffLeclerc
MoveUp_JPR, Manager at Jay Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Glad to hear you had so much fun here. One of our best assets, in my opinion , is the ability to leave your car parked and walk or shuttle to all of our amenities and restaurants. We'll take your note about a few dispassionate employees to heart and definitely look into. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Steve Wright
VP Sales and Marketing
Jay Peak

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Overall our family of 5 had a very nice time at Jay Peak. We enjoyed the water park and stayed in one of the "slopeside" condo units. I'm not sure when these units were originally built, but don't let the nice new exterior fool you - they are quite dated. This isn't a big deal, but I was surprised how rundown ours was.

Staff at Jay were fine, nothing special for sure and the few times we needed their assistance they definitely didn't go out of their way - but again, nothing bad per se. Just average. First issue was my 9 year old left a small bag in the hotel lobby which must have been picked up and "not turned in" to the hotel. Nothing surprising there unfortunately but when I asked at the desk they sent me all the way to customer service (the next building over, but not exactly close) to ask, instead of just calling over for me. The customer service folks had a very small number of items and could have answered them in 2 seconds had they called.

Second, getting checked in was overly complex. I followed the condo check-in and went down at 2 pm to see if our place was ready. It was not, fine, rooms are guaranteed for 5pm only. We proceeded to go eat and returned to hotel check-in at 4pm to check, still not ready. Slightly more irksome but to the letter of the law. We went to the water park (the lifts shut down at 4pm at Jay). Nice park! Some minor issue with lockers and disgusting change room but they are dealing with a lot of traffic so I can understand the mess (not excuse them for not doing better cleaning it though). We had a good time. Staff at the park were nice.

A side note on the meal - we ate at the Foundry (?) restaurant in the main hotel and it was pretty good lunch fare - but the service was just ok and again I felt like the staff were phoning it in. I can recommend the burger and my kids loved the chicken fingers, mac and cheese and chicken sandwich. Recommend against the Cobb - the smoked turkey/chicken on it was really not good and kind of ruined it.

So I get back to the condo check-in and had to wait an additional 10 minutes while I watched a guy watch TV from behind the desk - I imagine he was on break or not doing check-ins but he really should have gone elsewhere to do it - I was annoyed having to wait while he did nothing, especially after having already gone the the wait earlier in the day. Not his fault but definitely sloppy desk service. Finally we get our keys and get in the condo - really old but very functional, short on sheets and feeling a bit grungy but overall bearable.

We proceeded to have a nice couple of days skiing and using the water park. From that perspective I think there is good "family vacation value" at Jay Peak.

Last day I wanted to try and extend our final day checkout by an hour or so but they wouldn't accomodate - this is part of the biz but I do find a 5pm check-in time a bit late (4pm would be acceptable) and then to add an 11am check-out it is stretching the norm a bit. Again, not the end of the world and it doesn't impact my assessment more than to say it was just average, especially from an accommodation perspective. Add to that the general vibe from the staff of just "doing the minimum" and you get a "I'll try other resorts before returning to this one" response from me.

Overall a good trip, won't be rushing back, but wouldn't have an issue recommending it to people to try for themselves.

Room Tip: We liked the Slopeside condos - good location, easy access.
2  Thank Bitamp

I appreciate your candid feedback on your trip and while I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, I will certainly look into, personally, a few of the items you mentioned.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Steve Wright
VP Sales and Marketing
Jay Peak Resort.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We returned here after a one week visit last year. The water park remains a fabulous option for kids of all ages after a "hard" day of skiing or boarding. The front desk staff have not improved over the past year, despite several reviews on Tripadvisor (all with excellent feedback for the management team!) that more intelligence and general customer service is what this group should be demonstrating as guest walk in the front door. To describe these folks as a bit dim-witted, might be something of a compliment. In spite of this, the Jay Hotel was a great place for us to spend out March Break. The hotel even put on a fireworks show for all of the Canadians there for the week (and yes, we DID take over the hotel). The rooms were the perfect size for a family (including teens) and amenities have improved a great deal over the past year. Close to the Canadian border, and 1hr 15min from Burlington, this sleepy area was a wonderful choice, if you want to dodge crowds, party atmospheres and general hubbub.

Room Tip: pay a little extra if you need to , in order to ensure a hill side (not PARKING LOT!) view. Get the biggest room that you can afford, especially if you are travelling with teens or a group.
3  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I usually never write reviews on Trip Advisor but there is so much that one can tolerate and well the Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak has to be the worst experience I’ve ever had in my life. I’m completely blown away at the lack of judgement and professionalism that these guys have shown for a stay that occurred in March. To make a long story short we are 5 young professionals who decide to go on a ski trip to Jay Peak which is located 4 and half hours away from our residence. We get to Jay Peak on Friday enjoy the skiing on the Saturday and get back to our condo and start playing cards at around 11:15 p.m., to our great surprise we get a visit from the security guard asking us to tone it down since they’ve had a complaint next door. We decide to lower our speaking tonality and we get another visit and this time we are utterly insulted since we are talking in our room that we paid just like everyone else in the lodge, no in and outs, no shouting on our blacony(since we didn’t have) simply playing cards and talking. With that being said, I decide to go down and talk to the gentlemen at the front desk and ask him if there is a curfew, I also ask him if it’s against lodge policy to speak in your room after a certain time. He is apoligetic for this inconvenience and then the night ends since we decide to call it a night in order to respect others. The next day upon checking out we adress the situation with the gentlemen at the front desk asking us how our stay was, we inform him of the situation and that we found it very unpleasant to have to whisper in our room past a certain time. He then informs us that he did not here anything of it and that it must not be an issue. Well, to my great surprise a few days upon returning from our trip I see a 250$ charge on my credit card on top of the nearly 2000$ total that was spent for the weekend at the resort. I then try and call David Hayes the Director of lodging(after 3 messages left, I finally got a hold of him) and according to him there was yelling and screaming coming from our room and informs me and that he has given a 250$ rebate to the man next to our room and charged us for the discount that he gave them?!?!?! What!! Are you kidding me, what gives you the right to use my credit card as an open bar for the credits you give to other customers??? That is downright outrageous, on top of that David informed me that he had done his investigation and that he had all of the facts. He informed me over the phone that we avoided the situation and that he couldn’t inform us of the charge because we used the express checkout, which is totally false since we adressed the situation with the clerk at the front desk and if there was a problem we would have dealt with it on site and in person, so how can your facts be credible, if you don’t even know that we checked out at the front desk??!. It was our first experience at Jay Peak and definitely our last. I cannot believe that an instution with your stature is willing to insult us with this ridiculous charge and willing to skip on thousands of dollars that we would ave brought to you as repeat customers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
18  Thank Guil555
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This trip was expensive as we booked for March Break at the last minute. The weather was terrible, even for Spring skiing: thaw, rain, freeze, ice, blizzard (in that order over the course of the week)! Despite all of this, our family of 6 thoroughly enjoyed our stay in our impeccable 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom condo, had great meals in the restaurants (beware the cafeteria -nasty!) and had a blast at the indoor water park! Had we brought our skates, we could have hit the Ice Haus indoor rink. Had the weather cooperated, we could have gone tubing down the slopes. All things we'll do next year, as I'll definitely be going back! Hopefully, I'll get an email offer with a slight discount from here to then, as this was the most expensive (per night) vacation we have taken as a family.

• Stayed: March 2013