“All around package for winter”
Review of Jay Peak Resort

Jay Peak Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jay
New York
“All around package for winter”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I found this place by chance. What a deal. They have the closest thing to skiing out west and for those who want beach, an amazing water park ...inside the hotel! If you stay at the Hotel Jay, and I strongly suggest you do if children are involved, you never have to go outside until you leave. Just built last year, this hotel has really nice rooms, a waterpark, restaurants, bar, arcade, spa, lockers, laundry and more. You can get to all of it by walking through the hotel and the long hallways which connect them. We got the ski, stay, splash package which includes the passes required for skiing and the waterpark at deep discounts. These are sold separately as well. They were really thinking about the rooms as there are options where a king-size bed can be split into two separate beds.We had a 2 bedroom suite but needed 3 beds. One room had a king. the other had a king which splits. There was a tv in both of those rooms as well as the common seating area. Fully functional kitchen with the basics. Even have a store called Provisions which you do need to walk about 10 feet outside to get to. Clothing and a very nicely stocked food store with deli. Very accommodating service for storage and usage of the facilities on check in or departure is included.

Room Tip: Really try to stay in the Hotel Jay. Shuttle service is very easily available from all but need to g...
3 Thank famtravlesny
MoveUp_JPR, Manager at Jay Peak Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for the great review. And we agree, we're a great option for families looking to stay busy. The split kings have been a huge benefit to us; glad that you're recognizing that and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We, six adults and six children, stayed at one of the condos for two nights/three days in December 2012. The condo was extremely well kept, big and comfortable, we had no problems with that. The smaller children has a great time at the water park, and stayed at the day care while the rest went skiing. We all had a great time, despite the fact that two lifts were shut due to bad weather. The price was fair. We also had some problem wtth parking, I think they need more parking spots, although they have the shuttle to take you around.

1 Thank Lucia G
Thanks for the response Lucia and glad you and the family had a great visit. We've really expanded our shuttle offerings this year and we will continue to improve in this area, Hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just returned from our post Christmas trip to Jay Peak. We had a fabulous time. The set up here is truly phenomenal for great family fun. Just park your car and don't need to move it until you leave. The efficiency kitchen and gas fireplaces in the rooms are a wonderful addition and give a homey comfort. The waterpark is amazing and the skiing was great too. Nice to have a choice of restaurants and shops. We ate in them all and enjoyed each of them. Trying to convince the whole hockey team to come next time. We can certainly make some small constructive suggestions to a resort newly grown and working its way into the hearts of many but will not post any so as not to detract from the joy of our vacation. Thanks Jay Peak!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Mgcutter
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is our third stay at the Tram Haus in 3 years. The place is definitely declining as it goes from a new hotel and undergoes wear and tear, and the staff isn't equipped to handle it.

For example, one of our ski lockers doesn't work. After 1 call to the front desk and 2 in person visits, still no progress. First time, was promised a repair within the hour. It wasn't. So, I went to the desk in person. Nothing. Etc.

Our safe doesn't work. Was promised a repairman. No one showed up.

Still enjoy the place. But for $600 a night, it feels reasonable for the basics to work, right?

1 Thank Jo T
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Oh my! So glad I called jay peak to make a reservation! Initially, I tried to book through the website and since it was last minute, it didn't let me book. I persisted and emailed and called. Wendy and Laura helped us booked a room in the golf condominium, room 4607. It was so clean, well equipped, gorgeous unit that left us speechless when we first entered it! The king bed room was downstairs, then the ground level was 1 beautiful sofa bed living room with fire place that backed out to the wood. The fully furnished top of the line kitchen comes with everything you need to feed your family for a vacation - except for the food! The bathroom was clean and spacious, except for a minor thing: it lacked adjustable shower so it's hard to take shower without getting our hair wet especially if you are giving your young kid like me. The price for this unit was also unbelievably affordable too:$250/night including pass to ski lift and water park. It's almost like you are staying for free and just paying for ski and water park!
The new water park was awesome. No lining up for the slides, the lazy river was so fun and big (even compared to great wolf lodge) and they even have the surf board and body board too. The water and the whole park was quiet warm, which is a must for this kind of year round facility.
The ski - my husband and my 6yo daughter, loved! She tried ski for the first time, and she fell in love at the first sight! Must be because of wonderful, experienced instructors! The trails and view were amazing.
The Nordic centre for snowshoeing and cross country was excellent - the attendant was super friendly o show me, a first timer- everything about snowshoeing for beginner. Thanks Kyle!
All in all, the most memorable winter vacation we ever have! Will definitely come back for more! Thanks everyone in Jay peak resort to make such a memorable vacation for us!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mrslam
MoveUp_JPR, Manager at Jay Peak Resort, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thanks for the feedback Mrslam, and glad it seems like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. I shared this post with our entire staff as it perfectly exemplifies why we all work in the hospitality business. Thanks for sharing and we hope to see you again.

Steve Wright
VP Sales, Marketing and Hospitality
Jay Peak Resort
Calgary
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I visited for a hockey tournament, so I did not try the skiing. The hotel was I gather upgraded last year and the results are stellar. Our room was clean, well laid out with all the conveniences (TV, kitchenette, extra "Murphy bed", and very nicely decorated. Stores, restaurants and the water park were all attached and well run in their own right. The service was friendly and warm, a very down to earth hospitality that has given me a very good opinion for the people of Vermont. The water park in particular was nothing short of awesome. Even at my age I enjoyed some of the slides and floated around the "lazy river" ride. I held off on trying the surfing machine. WiFi was also good and everything is set up to maximize your comfort.

There were a couple minor issues. I had to get soap from the front desk since there was initially none in the room. The shower control was reversed so hot was right instead of left. The elevators are really slow so I ended up taking the stairs a lot. And though it was quickly resolved the front desk did initially send me to the wrong room.

But throughout the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I loved my stay and definitely hope to return.

North River, New York
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went to the David Grisman Concert,Booked a room onsite. nice view and very convient location and a friendly staff. The room included a tram ride the next morning.The ride up was awesome and the view at the top was spectactular.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jay
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast ...
#1 of 2 in Montgomery Center

Been to Jay Peak Resort? Share your experiences!