“A very nice resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jay
Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
“A very nice resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Just came back from Jay Peak Resort and stayed in the Jay hotel. I don't want to repeat all the nice things everyone had to say about the place since I agree with them except for the beds that were too soft to our taste. Had trouble to sleep because of that. Very surprising for a new hotel. Beds seems to have lots of years. Would also suggest to at least bring your own food at least for breakfast since the kitchen or kitchennette are very well equiped.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank France C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I fell in love with Jay peak resort. My whole family did. We were quests from the 29 th till the 31 st of July. We loved it so much we are going back next week and bringing people to share this wonderful resort.

The most important thing to me is customer service. And they went above and beyond. Alex at the front desk was so amazing to us. When we arrived it was Around 10am. We had an awful night in a hotel the night before and my children 2 and 7 where exhausted and cranky and just wanted to sleep. He rushed and got us our room ready so we could get settled. He also was also great with all our questions and requests Thank you Alex.

Anytime we needed assistance everyone was there with a smile and so helpful.

Our room was perfect. We stayed in the penthouse floor 1 bedroom. We had a full kitchen with everything you need. A large bathroom and comfy Murphy Bed which my son loved. The bedroom was a nice size with a lovely king size bed. We had a large balcony and a mountain view. We also had the roof from the splash park block the view a little but for us that was not an issue at all.
And the room was spotless. Oh and 2 flat screen t.v.'s.

Water park was great. The family had a great time.. There was something for everyone. My kids are 2 and 8 and the 2 year old loved it as well. There is a great kiddy section. And my son could do all the slides except the red one which is crazy. Lol

I went to the spa and really enjoyed it. Very relaxing. I got a facial and had a lavender hair treatment add on. A must! And reasonable prices.

Tram ride a must as well.

We used the daycare jay's care for my 2 year Old daughter. They were great and my daughter had fun. Lots for her to do and play with. You are also right on the resort if they need you. It gave us a little break so we could do the waterpark slides and relax by the outdoor pool. They also have in room care but did not get a chance to use it. But that is 15 dollars an hour.

Restaurants are nice. Dicks pizza was very good. And good service. We did eat at foundrys for supper and breakfast. The service was ok, but I think it maybe due to the time of year and lack of staff. Not sure but our breakfast experience was not a very good one. My only complaint about the resort. But next time I go to Jay I will bring breakfast food to cook in the room.

Oh and wanted to add the life guards are very good. I always felt comfortable and safe. My son has epilepsy and I usually feel very nervous around water with him. But I always felt very safe. One life quard was even giving my son swimming tips in the outdoor pool. And the surf wave thing(sorry forget name of it in the waterpark) was a blast.

Jay peak was a great family vacation and we will be regulars for a long time. Can't wait for the snow so we can try the skiing.

Also remember they are still doing work on the resort and it is slow season so hours for some restaurants and the store may close early so check that out. But we ran out of milk for my daughter and they went into the closed store to get milk. Again great customer service. and you receive a coupon book with great coupons you can actually use around the resort.

I strongly reccommend Jay peak resort. We live in Ottawa about 4 ish hours away but so worth the drive.

Room Tip: Ask for penthouse.
5 Thank debbie f
Ottawa, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at Jay Peak last week and were beyond impressed!! The rooms are modern and tastfully decorated, extremely clean with full kitchen and even a Keurig with a generous amount of coffee! We had a fireplace with flat screen TV above, comfortable sheets and pillows with down comforters!

Upon arrival we were also given a coupon booklet for a free pizza, free arcade games (the arcade was awesome!), free rental of ice skates and helmet as they have a new arena on site! These coupons were awesome!!

The Pumphouse indoor waterpark was out of this world = Awesome! There is something for people of every age and confidence level! It was very clean with plenty of towels and lockers available for use!

They also have TRAM rides up the mountain which according to my husband and daughter (some of us aren't as brave!) the view from the mountain top was beautiful!

I can't say enough positive things about Jay Peak!! We would definitely return:)

1 Thank Avery05
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Jay right after the water park opened in February of 2012. I bought a one night stay for us as a Valentine's Day surprise for him. First of all: the price is great! What a deal for what you're getting.

There were some negative aspects right off: #1 - the parking lot was all dirt and uneven with potholes. We had to park pretty far away from the front door and were slightly confused at first about where to go. #2 - the Front Desk staff were pretty rude and seemed overall not adequately trained in check-ins. This may have been because Hotel Jay was a fairly new addition at the time and they were still getting used to it. We arrived around 4 PM and waited an hour to get into our room.

Another note: a lot of the building was under construction, so we were constantly passing by workers and it was pretty noisy. Even our floor was partly under construction. We even found a stray Swiss Army pocket knife just on the floor in the hallway. Kind of dangerous for children running around, huh?

During that time, we ate at Mountain Dick's Pizza. Decent pizza. We enjoyed it as a light lunch upon arrival. Our room was great, with a view of the slopes. Very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, we both liked the decor.

The water park was great, but be warned if you visit in the winter: the germs are like a cesspool! We both got almost immediately very sick after being in the water park all evening. I guess that's to be expected, but be sure you bring some sort of cold medicine or Airborne just in case.

We ate at the Foundry Pub & Grille. When we arrived, we were told we'd have to wait for a table because they were understaffed. The hostess was rude, but our waiter was nice enough. A young kid who we recognized from the water park (apparently he spends his time off in there). We finally got to sit down, then waited a long time to get our drinks (my soda was in a tiny cup that I downed within minutes). Our waiter seemed to be lost in translation, so I actually had to ask the bartender if someone could come take our order. Then they proceeded to mess up our orders TWICE. When they finally got it right, we were starving, but the food IS good. But it better be good for the steep prices.

The next day we had coffee at the Aroma cafe in the other building (but they're mostly all connected, don't worry!). The barista was nice and there was a neat bench/counter area to sit and watch the slopes. However, the breakfast sandwiches were not that great, but that might be because they had been sitting in the display case for a while.

We went to the Taiga Spa for a couple's massage. Expensive, but a great experience overall for two massage "virgins"! They did give me champagne without even carding me, however. My boyfriend is over 21 but I'm not. I didn't drink any!

We then ventured over to the ice skating rink before we left. To access this building, you do have to shlep through the icy, muddy parking lot, but it's a nice little spot. Skates were in bad condition, and they were so incredibly dull we asked to have them sharpened, but decided we didn't want to pay extra for it.

Despite the negative aspects, we plan to come again! Great place to escape from reality for a while, especially for two college students.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stella O
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was our third visit to Jay Peak and the second visit to the "new" Jay Peak. Our room was nice, with very high ceilings that made it seem larger. The bench and coat hooks at the entrance were appreciated and the kitchenette was perfect. However, the only chairs in the room were part of a dining set and were made of metal, leaving the beds as only soft places to sit. The alarm clock was about the cheapest one I've ever seen: in fact, the alarm clock at the Best Western we stayed at the following night was many times better! The bathroom hs a beautifu vessel sink but absolutely no counter space to put your things: the only other surface to place things is the top of the toilet tank but the toilet seat had no lid.. it would only takes one late night visit for your things to fall into that open toilet. There was also no hairdryer: this seemed almost unbelievable, given the new water park that is the centerpiece of the hotel. Less granite and more basic comforts, please. Breakfast is not included: the coffee shop was closed and the convenience store had a poor selection of muffins for breakfast, so bring your own breakfast food. The Foundry restaurant was nice for dinner (burger, fries and flatbread were delicious) but a little too formal for breakfast. We stayed at a condo last spring for skiing and, after staying at the Hotel Jay, I would unltimately stay at a condo again next time.

5 Thank scandislav
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Jay recently, and were very impressed, rooms totally modern, extremely clean with full kitchen and fireplace with flat screen TV above, and down comforters. We hiked, relaxed, went to eat, explore, and had an amazing time at the resort. A bit pricey (and probably even more in the winter) but worth every penny. And of course, you can't beat the views.

Room Tip: make sure your room doesn't have a view of the water park! Our friends did and it was LOUD duri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank hikingchickie
Snowrider_VT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

First off I need to say I'm a big fan of Jay Peak. We live about an hour away and I've been riding that mtn for 20 years. Decided to take the 3 yr old daughter to the water park for her birthday last weekend. I can't say enough positive things about the transformation up at Jay Peak. From the hotel, to the restaurants, to the water park, everything gets a thumbs up from me. Very well thought/planned out, I can't think of one thing to complain about.

The splash & stay package is $200 for a Family of 4. We got a nice, new, clean suite w/amazing valley view & balcony, plus admission for all 3 of us for 2 days in the water park. You can do the math, you either pay for the room and get park access for free, or pay for park and get the room for free. The fact that we checked out sunday morning and still got to use the water park and pools/hot tubs all day is very nice.

You're also given a coupon book for free pizza, free skate rentals in the also brand new ice arena, free arcade games, and more. they are coupons you can actually use, not ones w/tons of restrictions that are no good to anyone.

Food is moderately priced for a destination resort. Dinner for 3 including a large & medium pizza at Mountain Dicks was $24. You can spend that much just for lunch at any ski area base lodge these days.

The hotel is built so you don't even need to go outside to access water park, restaurants, arcade, etc. Pull in, park your car and leave it for the weekend. Rooms have ample room and a kitchen w/fridge. Water park is absolutely AMAZING! tons of rides/pools for everyone. Water slides, the flowrider surf wave, a rock climbing pool, pool basketball, a long lazy river to float in, and ample tables/chairs for all guests. We were there when it was 90 degrees outside in july, can't imagine more of a demand for the water park and it still didn't feel crowded.

Can't wait to go back in a few months when the snow starts flying. La Chute slide is no joke, and I'm an adrenaline junkie who lives to ride the chutes below the tram house at top of mtn. If you haven't been to Jay in a year or two you won't believe how it looks. And I mean that in a very good way.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view. Mtn view faces ski area, valley view overlooks golf course and NE Kingd...
2 Thank Snowrider_VT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jay
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
#5 of 6 in Sutton
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay

Been to Jay Peak Resort? Share your experiences!