“Don't miss this Inn!!”
Review of Three Mountain Inn

Three Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Jamaica B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We planned our vacation to the Northeast using Trip Advisor, and decided to try the Three Mountain Inn. We were SO GLAD WE DID! The owners make you feel welcome and at home. The room was so quaint and perfect with a fireplace and a private bath. A spur of the moment decision led us to choose to eat dinner there, and what a great decision it was! The food was as good as any we have had anywhere, and was served in a small, quiet dining room in front of a roaring fire! Everything was just perfect!
I am sorry that we didn't have more time to spend at this charming inn! We would love to go back someday and just spend some time enjoying the peace and quiet.

Room Tip: I didn't see a "bad" choice! I would be happy in any of the rooms that I saw. If you...

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a very last minute booking for us....we were headed for a week of skiing and a storm approached a day early and we wanted to get ahead of it. This was our "perfect storm". Beyond the exquisite cuisine, romantic room with fireplace, quiet, peaceful and charming the owners made it outstanding. What a great couple....the kind you want to be friends with! The night we were there we dined in the Inn (only open for dinner on Saturdays) with two other couples that were wonderful to spend the evening with.

This was a true case, for us, that "everything works out for the best". Can't wait to see it in the spring!

Room Tip: We were happy in Townshend (all named after local towns)..but I can't imagine there would be a p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chatham05
Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you are looking for the absolute perfect Bed and Breakfast look no further. This place was such a nice getaway for my wife and I. We came in on a Friday and unfortunately had to leave on Sunday. We even thought about staying an extra day just because of how perfect everything was. From the cozy bar to the warm and inviting fireplaces the Inn is amazing. Ed and Jenn do everything right at this place. The rooms are clean and fresh and very comfortable. Ed and Jenn can be seen doing most of the work when it comes to cooking and makeing sure you are well taken care of. They are friendly, funny and engageing and they make you feel so welcome. The
food is tantalizing and portions are large enough to leave you un-buckling your belt! Although their work staff is not a large group, Ed and Jenn keep their level of excellence in tact by having the best there too!!! If Jamaica, VT is on your places to visit or even if your close by, you really need to add this place to your "to do" list. WE WILL BE BACK! :)

3  Thank cypress2838
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I travel to Vermont once or twice a year and stay at the Three Mountain Inn in Jamaica, Vermont, just a short drive from Brattleboro, but far enough north to get the full flavor of the Green Mountain State. Why come here so often? This is a perfectly maintained and appointed Bed & Breakfast that is hosted by Ed & Jennifer who make sure that your every need is taken care of. My wife Nancy and I work very hard and just want a place where there is peace and quiet, gourmet food and the very best in accommodations. The Three Mountain Inn meets those requirements and more. What makes the Inn extra special is the attention to detail…………..fro m being happily greeted and walked to your room when you arrive to sitting in front of a real fire on comfortable couches in the restaurant. And Ed & Jennifer are always there asking if you need anything. Chocolate chip cookies are on a tray by the window and your choices of beverages from a well stocked bar are on hand. Ya know, as I write this I know I sound like a commercial but I just can’t help talking up a place that we love so much. But to know this is something you have to experience for yourself. And believe me you won’t be disappointed. It may be a “Four Diamond” rated establishment by AAA but for Nancy and I it’s Five-Star though and through. Did I mention you literally sink into the beds?

Room Tip: We've stayed in almost every room and have enjoyed them all....each one has a distinctive and we...
5  Thank bertmerc
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Happy return to this wonderful Inn. Not only is this place beautifully situated and appointed but the owners Ed and Jennifer and their staff are very special. They balance professionalism with an easy and laid back style which makes one feel instantly at home. The food is excellent, breakfasts excellent. Lovely rooms, with soft luxurious beds, coffee facilities. A perfect break. Pity for us that its 1,000's of miles from home!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank moses_karibu
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We found this Inn randomly when we could not find accommodations closer to Mt. Snow. Well it will not be randomly chosen again !!!! This Inn is beautiful, the hospitality is beyond welcoming and the food at 5 star. We were attending a "Tough Mudder" at Mt. Snow and stayed here for an evening. Wish we were staying longer. The rooms are immaculate and beautiful. Jennifer and Ed are so nice. And Ed's cooking is amazing. The next day we had an early start leaving at 6:00 am for Mt. Snow - Ed got up and prepared coffee and homemade scones for us. And if that wasn't enough - he was helping at The Tough Mudder event and ended up saving my friend and I in the frigid water of the "dong dangler" !!!! HA HA - thank you Ed - we were so happy to see you ! Definitely hope to visit this Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank zambonifamily
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We had our wedding at the Three Mountain Inn in December 2007. We stayed in Sage Cottage, and our family/friends stayed in other rooms/suites throughout the Inn. I am 4 years late in writing this review, and am writing as we are planning another family trip to New England. When we decided to come back to New England for fall foliage my father's comment was that he wanted to stay at the exact same place we did last time because he loved it so much. I was excited to hear him make this request and can't wait to return.

Everything about the Tree Mountain Inn is cozy, warm, inviting, and utterly charming. Jenn and Ed made our week-long stay, the wedding, and the reception/dinner nothing short of perfect. I cannot thank them and the staff at the Three Mountain Inn enough. They helped with planning, made wonderful recommendations, always answered questions swiftly and with thoughtful consideration. I could not believe that inn owners could be so gracious, helpful, and accommodating. When we arrived, they had thought of everything and had paid amazing attention to detail to ensure that we had a relaxed and memorable stay. At all times, our comfort and enjoyment seemed to be their utmost concern.

We chose the Three Mountain Inn after I had researched almost every Inn, B&B and resort in Vermont. I selected the Inn because of its more secluded location and the overall feel from the pictures on the website. When I arrived, things were better than the pictures. I appreciate the fact that in decorating the rooms, Jenn and Ed made sure to keep the New England charm (not too modern) without making the decor look like a Victorian flower and lace bomb.

We stayed at the Inn for a week in Sage Cottage, which allowed us to have some seclusion. The room was in excellent condition and was beautifully decorated with great attention to detail. Our family and friends stayed in other rooms. My favorite rooms were the Jamaica Suite and the Arlington, but you really can't go wrong with any choice.

Jenn and Ed were incredibly friendly and helpful to everyone as they arrived. Coffee was delivered every morning to the front porch of the cottage. The breakfasts were a treat that are still discussed by family and friends. They were the perfect way to start every day. (The scones and maple bacon were particularly enjoyable). We enjoyed hot beverages and treats every afternoon.

Our wedding reception/dinner were perfect. We were provided an excellent menu in advance with numerous choices for each course. While I can't recall the exact dishes that were served, we selected an appetizer course that included baked brie and apples, onion and leek soup, or scallops. All three were excellent and the scallops (and exquisite sauce served with them) were the best I had ever had. We selected a chicken dish, beef tenderloin, or venison as the main course. Each of the main courses was served with a different seasonal vegetable or side. One set of friends who have been to weddings all over the country said that our wedding dinner was the best they had ever had. (In fact, we dined for Christmas Eve at another restaurant in a nearby town that was very highly rated and were sorely disappointed and wished we had just booked another meal at the Three Moutain Inn).

If you are taking a trip to this area of Vermont, do not miss out on the opportunity to stay at this gem of an Inn. Our stay endeared my whole family on New England and has led to numerous discussions about a return. Every time my family gets together, we always end up talking about how fabulous our vacation was. Much of that talk surrounds, and is because or our wonderful stay at the Three Mountain Inn.

Room Tip: If you want seclusion, Sage Cottage. If you want a room that provides a sitting area separate from...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Katie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamaica
Grafton Inn
10 mi away
Four Columns Inn
Four Columns Inn
#1 of 5 in Newfane

Been to Three Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!