“Awesome place to go”

Honora Winery & Vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Honora Winery & Vineyard, Jacksonville, VT. Come in and enjoy a wine tasting at Honora's Jacksonville tasting room. Our outdoor space provides you with picnic tables and a scenic view of majestic pines reflecting on the pond. Sip your wine and play corn hole or just relax and listen to the stream that flows in front of our tasting room. A great location with some great wine!
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Steph was awesome she did a great job explaining all the wines and the cheeses. We came from Massachusetts and we are “Wine Snobs”. We ended up buying wine cheese and jams from her. Well worth stopping by for wine tasting and beer tasting. Thanks Stephanie

Date of experience: September 2018
"vermont"
"property"
"apple"

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I really want to write a positive review, and I do recommend visiting this place since my taste isn't everyone's and perhaps they were just having a bad day, but.......The location, buildings and property are simply beautiful. If the products were as good as the place, I couldn't imagine better. But the wine is just undrinkable, both white and red. All the wines I tried tasted strongly astringent and "chemically". Very thin and industrial. Bad. The food wasn't good (cafeteria-quality) and the staff seemed clueless. The bartender couldn't find cold water on a hot day, they had trouble with basic cocktails, and the line at the bar was really long. The wait staff were a little better (friendly, smiley). The staff all just looked very inexperienced and it showed. Sorry to be so negative. I still recommend visiting, maybe they'll improve and maybe you'll like the wine. Worth the drive anyway....!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018

My husband & I visited Honora Winery Thursday Afternoon. They have wine & Beer tastings as well as a delectable assortment of cheeses and meats(wild boar!!!). Stephanie was a gem. She has the greatest smile & personality. and couldn't do enough for us! We spent 2 1/2 hours there. We sat under the gazebo outside, cool breeze, bottle of their signature Alicante. Stephanie brought us out a cheese & meat platter. We thought we were in heaven! The place was mobbed from the time we arrived until we left(i think we bought the store out). Stephanie was the only one working there and handled everyone with a smile. She has a system down and never lost her cool! She handles everyone efficiently and doesn't break a sweat. We cannot wait to stop by and see her again! Thank you Steph!! You and Honora Winery are gems!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank LORIS1026
Reviewed May 29, 2018

From the internet reviews, my husband and I assumed that this establishment only served wine, but they also serve a great selection of beer! We decided to split both a beer and wine tasting.

We tasted the beers first, which technically come from J'ville Brewery (it's attached to the winery). They rotate their beers seasonally, which is the mark of a great brewery. Of the four we tried, I particularly enjoyed the Maple Brown Ale...but both of us agreed that the Dubbel was the best!

Next, we tried a wine flight, also delicious! The Chardonnay was my favorite, while my husband enjoyed the Petite Syrah. In addition, Karen was an absolute delight to talk with! We carried on a conversation the entire time about life, which definitely enhanced our experience.

Great place...a definite must-do in the area!

Date of experience: May 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2018

We had a pleasant stop at the Honora Winery & Vineyard on a recent Saturday morning. We were the only guests, and we tasted wines that were served by Janice, who is the winemaker herself. Since the time of our last visit, the winery has introduced craft beers, with four selections on tap for a separate tasting option. (Janice is also the brewmaster.)

The winery is in a nice setting and easy to reach. The tasting room and the adjoining sitting area is comfortably appointed, and there is also a very nice selection of local cheeses that are available for purchase.

Date of experience: April 2018