“Fantastic!”

Honora Winery & Vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Honora Winery & Vineyard, West Halifax, VT Picture yourself outdoors with a glass of cabernet overlooking the beautiful Vermont countryside.Located in Southern Vermont,event center, outdoor stone patios,acres of grape vines, only 3 hours from NYC. Private tours, events, open houses listed on our web site.
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My husband and another couple went to Honora for a tour, tasting and lunch up at the vineyard. The vineyard is gorgeous and the wine is delicious. The vineyard also has weddings and if I wasn't already married I would love to have the reception there. We had a great time and would recommend visiting the winery store and taking a tour of the vineyard to anyone who enjoys a good glass of wine and a beautiful view.

1  Thank Kristina R
in 7 reviews
"syrah"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I had met Lorrainne at a wine tasting event in Boston and ended up spending a good amount of time at her booth listening to her telling us about their vineyard in Vermont (as well as sipping on their delectable wine). Brad York, their retail manager, worked with me for several weeks until I was certain which weekend we were able to make it. He was very helpful in my planning for the trip. When we arrived there - we were immediately taken away with the indescribable view from top of the vineyard. We went inside the main building where we met everyone else who would be joining us on the tour, and of course started helping ourselves to some of the wine they were serving. After everyone had arrived, we went onto the vineyard itself where Lorrainne gave a very in depth description of the harvesting methods they use, and also how they go about getting the best grapes of the bunch. We then took a very nice scenic walk to the tanks where the fermenting process would take place. We of course were offered two other types of wine (one that won't be released for another year and a half!).

After arriving back at the building, we were served an absolutely delicious lunch as well as a bag full of fun gifts (including two Honora glasses, hats, and more!) Then driving to the retail store, we met Brad where we were able to pick up our case of wine of 12 bottles and try some others that they had in stock also.

I would have recommended this visit for the view alone - the delicious wine and lunch plus the educational and fun tour are only even more reasons why everyone should plan a visit to Honora!

1  Thank jahnar
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I went to the tour/luncheon and had a wonderful time. Our hostess was warm and friendly. The grounds were breath-taking and our luncheon was delicious, accompanied with Honora's wonderful wines. We were able to meet the vitner on the tour, who was both enternaing and informative and we also were able to meet the owner which was a wonderful surprise! After the tour and lunch we headed down to the North River Tasting room where each couple recieved a very nice goodie bag and a case of Honora Wines. It was one of the best day trips I have ever been on and the absolute best wine tour, tasting and meal. Thank-you Honora for your gracious hospitality!!!

1  Thank molly33838
Reviewed August 6, 2011

What a great experience. The staff is warm and welcoming. The wine is great! Even better is their attention to detail making sure the whole family is having a great time. We live local and love taking out of town guests to the winery. They always leave happy and with pleanty of excellent wine!!!

1  Thank 1235_11