“Relaxation at it's finest”

and 1 more site!
Governor's House in Hyde Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Such a wonderful place to stay in VT !! This home is wonderful, everything has been thought of by the inn keeper. A very relaxing setting both indoors and out. The scenery is spectacular, but can't compare to the fantastic (multi-course) breakfast. The inn and it's keeper are warm and inviting. I can't think of a better place to unwind and recharge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Governor's House in Hyde Park

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My fiancee and I are planning a church wedding and celebration for later in the year, but wanted to go somewhere just the two of us for a "getaway and elope" type of deal (we live in a state where same-sex marriage isn't yet allowed). We decided on the Governor's House after reading many reviews, and we were not disappointed! Our room was very nice - the food was great - and the owner took care of EVERYTHING, including a private dinner for just the two of us after the ceremony! It was the least stressful part of our wedding planning so far. We had a peaceful and joy-filled weekend in a beautiful part of the state, and I am dying to try out some of the recipes of the marvelous food we ate while we were there!

Room Tip: We stayed in the English room, which was very nice - but no shower (sitdown tub only) and it's o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia_Explorer_12
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed over a long winter weekend and had a wonderful, romantic time. Suzanne was the perfect host, a great person to talk to and efficient and thoughtful behind the scenes.

The house itself is lovely with tasteful antiques and cozy spaces. Breakfast was terrific.

Dining options nearby are somewhat limited so make a reservation at a good restaurant in Montpelier and then return to The Governor's House to unwind and relax.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is my second time at the Governor’s House in Hyde Park Vermont. Both times I attended the Jane Austen Weekends. The Bed and Breakfast is full of character and charm, extremely well maintained and clean, very good value for the money. A great collection of books and DVD’s are available at the Inn.

During my first stay we stayed at the English Room my personal favourite of all the rooms. During the second time we stayed in the French room another beautiful room with lovely views. Suzanne Boden is the perfect hostess, very caring, friendly and helpful. She is a great cook her breakfasts, dinners and English afternoon teas are simply delicious. Her Austen quizzes and quite challenging but at the same time quite fun and enjoyable.

The Governor’s House in Hyde Park is the perfect getaway for me in New England and I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: The English room has old charm, quite spacious with a fire place and lovely views.
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Extremely comfortable, clean and quiet Inn. The bed was very comfortable and the room was magnificeintly kept. We enjoyed using the jet tub and relaxing in our room for a long weekend. Breakfast each morning was delicious and a nice experience. Suzanne made us feel very comfortable and at home during our stay.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Suzanne and the Inn continue to excel in providing a unique experience. I have been a guest a number of times and our stays there remain special. Suzanne is the perfect hostess and innkeeper and provides individual and thoughtful attention regardless of how full the house might be. We continue to be amazed by the warmth of the decor and our comfortable journey back to a time when thoughtful attention to detail really WAS important.

We have spent quiet weekends at the inn, as well as a special event that really was special.

Breakfasts are great, don't sleep too late.

Room Tip: Check with Suzanne. Decor is different in every room and she is great in matching tastes with avail...
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've stayed at The Governor's House several times, and each time has been a delight. The rooms are each unique and cozy. The food and service are always excellent. Suzanne is a gracious hostess; she attends to every need and she's always full of great ideas for local activities. Those who are environmentally-aware will be happy to know that Suzanne makes every effort to keep her inn as 'green' as possible. This inn is quite possibly my favorite in all of VT. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
#1 of 2 in Jeffersonville
Topnotch Resort
Topnotch Resort
#3 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Governor's House in Hyde Park? Share your experiences!