“Nice food, smooth jazz” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hinesburgh Public House
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Hinesburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mechanicsville Rd & Rt 116
Transit: http://hinesburg.org/hinesburg_rides.html http://www.cctaride.org/pdf/Current%20Web%20Schedules/February%202013%20schedules/46.pdf
Description: We are a community supported restaurant serving dinners made from scratch with locally sourced food. We have a full bar with 12 craft beers on tap. Outdoor dining available in season.
Shelburne, Vermont
“Nice food, smooth jazz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've been wanting to try this place for awhile and took advantage of being nearby to stop in on a Sunday afternoon. Glad I did. They have jazz every Sunday (4 to 8). Band was great. I'd had a large breakfast, so sat at the bar and tried a couple of small plates and two beers while I enjoyed the music. I loved the sweet potato chipotle soup (had some spice, but was also served hot - so many places serve soup tepid at best, cool to cold at worst). Place was clean and bright, service solid. I learned they serve brunch Sundays (otherwise it's dinners). I plan to return for brunch and dinner and could see my score going up to 5. I left with a real great feeling about the place, but given that I was there mid-day before it got crowded (might change the ambiance), and didn't have a full meal, figured I set the bar at 4 for now. But on this one short visit, very impressed and eager to return.

• Visited March 2014

Hinesburg, Vermont
“Local foods, beautifully prepared”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I eat here once a week, on average, and really appreciate the variety of dishes available. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a creative salad and salmon, and sometimes I just want a burger. Instead of appetizers they have "small plates", which are great in combination with a salad or soup for a reasonably priced meal (I've been known to combine poutine with the kale & beet salad, which is a little contradictory but I'm hoping it just balances itself out.) I also love that they source most (all?) of their foods locally. I'm not a drinker, but my beer-drinking friends like the beer selection. It's also one restaurant where I don't feel awkward for arriving early when I meet friends there: there's a cozy couch & rocking chairs by the woodstove which is a pretty perfect place to hang out on a snowy winter evening.

• Visited March 2014
Hinesburg, Vermont, United States
“Not bad for a quick bite.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Since we live only a few miles from the Hinesburgh Public House. It's been kind of a go to place if it's late and we don't feel like eating at home. The food is good and they have some great beers on tap. The prices are a bit high for what I call a pub fare. The service isn't bad, but it can be a bit noisy if there is a crowd since it just one big open room. They do have a deck, but I've never tried it since we only go in the winter.

• Visited January 2014
Vergennes, Vermont
“Yummy local food, best pretzels in the world!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a gem of an eatery in the small town of Hinesburg, Vermont.
From the moment you enter the Public House you feel like you are visiting a good friends business. Everyone is so friendly and makes you feel comfortable, and right at home.
We have eaten here several times, and everything we have tried is fresh, and so good. From the pulled pork sandwich with maple berry BBQ, to the Lobster Mac&Cheese with truffle and herbed breadcrumbs, and everything in-between, you will not be disappointed! But, it should be mandatory that everyone starts their dinner off with Grillo's pretzels. These are the most delightful, amazing pretzels I have ever eaten, hands down!!
This is a great place to go, relax, eat great food, and feel at home.
TRY THE PRETZELS .......

• Visited January 2014
Charlottesville VA USA
“Very nice restaurant with good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

What a great spot for lunch or brunch! We met local friends here for Sunday brunch (their recommendation). We are told it is in the upstairs of a former cheese factory. It's right in the village of Hinesburg on the side of a small hill with a nice local view. Be sure to ask for a table with a view. The brunch menu (available online) has pretty traditional brunch fare. Service was efficient and friendly. Don't confuse this with a high-end white table cloth country inn or 150-year old village pub. But it is exceptionally good at what it does! We'll be back!

• Visited February 2014