“Best breakfast spot in the Northeast”
Review of Stella's Restaurant - CLOSED

Stella's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Madison, NJ
“Best breakfast spot in the Northeast”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

i've lived a lot of places in the Northeast and this is the best breakfast out there. Blueberry pancakes and hash browns are both amazing staples. They also always have good specials that give good variety to the spot. Small, local, friendly staff - all great.

• Visited January 2013

Windsor, Vermont
“Nice little eatery that the locals love!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stella's is a little place known by the locals as a regular place to go for breakfast and lunch. Sunday breakfast this time was smoked salmon and cream cheese on a large bagel. Large juices are actually large, but the juice is not fresh-squeezed. Coffee is very good and is topped off regularly. My friend had the "eggs benedict", but it is Stella's version. She loved it. She had a soda with that. The whole bill was $25 without the tip.

It would be a excellent if the bakery items were homemade or made locally. Seemed like they were general items. Really need to put steak knives on the table to cut the bagel (too piled up to pick up but appreciate the amount of food). My friend needed a steak knife for her's as well.

This is a small place with a high turnover and is one of few in the Hartland/Windsor area that serves breakfast and lunch. The food is just fine and the prices, although high for a breakfast place compared to Lou's in Hanover, which makes just about every bakery item on their menu and have excellent prices for their fabulous food.

However, Lou's usually has a wait, is crowded and not easy to get to. Parking costs money, etc. Hartland is a great alternative for a quick meal and great service.

The service at Stella's is excellent. All polite, helpful and quick servers.

Give it a try!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ArloBeagleMom
Vermont
“Consistently great food all year”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten at Stella's several times for breakfast and lunch throughout the year. The ingredients are fresh and everything tastes great! There are new items on the menu, but nothing wildly experimental-just enough to make you want to try it. The portions are ample but not so much that you will leave half on your plate. Reasonably priced, this restaurant never disappoints. Stella's is small and very busy at mealtimes and beyond. If you can arrive early, do so.

• Visited November 2012
“Of the path”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We left derby , Vt. And it was snowing my wife was hungry. To our surprise the soups for that day was wonderful mushroom Florentine and Tuscan bean soup. My wife ordered simple burger and me veggie burger. OMG it was delicious the veggie burger was great my wife simple burger was on point. We also had dessert famous cream pie it was so delicious.

1 Thank Mystjah
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“world class chef operated small restaurant...”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

You will not find any better owner/chef restaurant in Provance, New Orleans or Montreal... Open 6 days from 7AM until 2PM...closed Monday ... Menu continually changes ... always astounding... Friendly service ... excellence without a hint of pretense....

I eat there every time I am withing striking distance (50 miles)... I have enjoyed meals at Stella's at least 100 times... I stopped counting... I just go when I am close enough and I have the slightest excuse...

Bon Appitite

I have eaten here with friends, business associates, family, I even bring my wife and dog if they promise to be nice

• Visited November 2012