“Wonderful”

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love their beer more than any other. It is worth it to drive up to the brewery, especially when they have events.

All reviews
"place to sit"
"behind the counter"
"remote location"

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were staying nearby and needed a day off from skiing so we thought we'd pay these guys a visit. (They aren't even 3 years old and they had just been named the best beer in the world!) You will definitely need a GPS to find this place or else a detailed Vermont map. We arrived 40 minutes after they opened and already there was a 2 hour wait for beer! They only sell a limited number of their beers pre-bottled. You are supposed to bring your own bottles / growlers and they will fill them from their taps. They do however have bottles and growlers for sale at reasonable prices if you don't own any. While you are standing in line you can buy sample tastes. (4 samples for $5) The beer is very fresh and delicious. The music playing in the barn makes the wait pass by quickly. They only accept cash at this place! If you are seriously into beer you need to come here!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nothing more I can say, but TA wants me to add words Best brewery in Vermont with the most interesting selection and fun names.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Somewhere in the middle of Vermont, you will think to yourself, "Where exactly am I and what am I doing?" I know that my girlfriend and I asked ourselves us this question several times as fog descended upon the hills and valleys of Vermont. There are no signs for the brewery and you'll be lucky if your phone provider decides to carry your signal far enough into the Northeast Kingdom.

Bring a map, some cash, and empty growlers if you have them. Beers run the gamut from Saisons to Porters to American IPAs to whatever is freshest depending upon the season. We have enjoyed Anna (Honey Saison), Life without Principle (American Blonde Ale with Lemons), and Earl (Coffee Oatmeal Stout).

My only regret is that I did not purchase more. The journey is worth the beer and the beer is worth the journey.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I were in the area and stopped at Willey's Store in Greensboro (which was fun in itself). While looking at maps and brochures, I saw a handwritten map with "Hill Farmstead Brewery" written on it. It was a cruddy, rainy day, so this sounded like something fun to explore as hiking was out of the question. We followed the map a few miles out of town and lo-and-behold stumbled upon this place. Guess this is the Brew Master's family farm. It's an older rustic structure with a small bar and the brewing operation together. We paid a small tasting fee and sampled a number of wonderfully crafted brews and bought a growler of Ephraim to bring back to our condo. We wanted to buy and/or sample more, but since they don't have the necessary license, we could not. Well worth a visit!!!