“Relax. Unwind. Enjoy.”

Grand Isle Art Works
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Isle Art Works is a Vermont artisan gallery in Grand Isle, Vermont. Located on Route 2 just north of the village in Grand Isle. The property is a quirky old farmhouse built in 1797, with lots of character and interesting spaces for displaying art and fine crafts. The five acre lot has great frontage on the highway, and lots of room for us to grow. Currently the gallery houses 65+ Vermont artisans offering a wide range of art work from pottery to fabric arts to upcycled items to fiber to more! The gallery is home to the Cafe at the Gallery - which offers delicious lunches year round! and fabulous TNT!!! Theme Night Thursday dinners!
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an outstanding small art gallery/store and cafe. It is located at the top of a gentle tiny hill in a very peaceful rural setting on Route 2. The entire place whispers "Relax. Unwind. Enjoy". Take your time. Stroll through the art gallery/store and browse among the paintings, weavings, multiple crafts, etc. Yes, they are pricey, but beautifully made and very creative. Next, stop in the small open-air cafe and order either breakfast or lunch. I stayed for lunch, ordered the BLT plate, and have to say it was the BEST BLT that I have eaten in my life. Thick slices of home-made bread, fresh butter, locally grown lettuce and tomatoes, Vermont bacon, and home-made mayo to die for. I mean, it was outstanding. The day was sunny and warm, a gentle breeze blew through the patio where my small table was located, and the birds were singing all around me. There were three solo diners there, and all of us were reading, eating, and soaking up the relaxation. This place is a little hidden treasure. Don't overlook it. Please don't stop here if you are in a hurry. Take an hour or two to savor the entire experience. A lovely little bit of Vermont.

There are newer reviews for Grand Isle Art Works

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stopped by Grand Isle Art Works during a drive through the islands not realizing it was closed. The very kind owner welcomed us in for a minute anyway, and we were delighted to a find a charming and affordable place to purchase locally made artisan gifts. The owner was friendly and patient and gave us some nice tips regarding other things to do and see on the island as well. We look forward to visiting on a future trip, especially when the kitchen will be open!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Incredible creative and original artwork. Very expensive not aimed at locals, meant for tourists to spend that amount of money.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I live on the Lake Champlain islands and I'm delighted to have this shop nearby. It has an excellent collection of local artisan crafts and it's always a delight to browse. A great place to find a special gift or stop in with a friend for lunch.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I visited Grand Isle Art Works in October of 2010. Since - they have greatly expanded. My husband and I were driving around the islands of Vermont and saw a sign for this business. We actually passed it by and turned around thinking - it's probably just a small place with a 'pushy' person trying to sell us art work. Boy - were we wrong!

We walked in and the nicest woman was there running things. Everything in the store was locally made and that was the beauty of it. It wasn't something slapped with Vermont on it and made in China. It was actually local! Local soaps, perfumes, wooden bowls, quilts, photos, clothing, etc and although I haven't been there recently - they have expanded so much more! I signed up for their local newsletter which tells of the 'goings on' of the Art Works shop and I wish we were there!

We had planned on going to visit this year but unfortunately Hurricane Irene caused major flooding throughout the state. This forced us to change our plans even though we were already in the state. Hopefully we will get to visit next year! So - if you're on the islands or headed over to Grand Isle - stop and take a look inside - it really is worth the visit!

2  Thank vermonter16