“Casual Dining”

Phelps Barn Pub
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Grafton
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Phelps Barn at the Grafton Inn serves as the inn's bar. Attached to the main inn, Phelps Barn was once a carriage house for guests' horses. All legal beverages served. Free WiFi. NEW sit-down bar, upstairs in the pub. Hours: Open Wednesday-Sunday, 4-10 pm, serving our pub menu 5-9 pm. First Wednesdays: First Wed. Of every month, drink specials from 5-6:30 pm. Thursdays: Burger & Brew Night, Old Tavern burger and a 16 oz beer for just $10. Fridays: Flatbread Fridays, serving made-to-order flatbread pizzas in our wood-fired pizza oven. Saturdays: Live music at 8 pm, no cover.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very nice atmosphere and the food was delicious. Friendly staff that were happy to recommend food based on your taste and customize specials due to dietary needs.

There are newer reviews for Phelps Barn Pub

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is the second time I've eaten here and it may be the last. The first time I ordered the wings - I think they called them Korean - not sure why. I didn't care for them. Weird flavor. I also ordered the grilled romaine salad. Now that was good! Very different - they actually put a whole head of lettuce on the grill, grilled it and then served it whole. It was really good - very inventive.
Bartender was more interested in talking to his friends than waiting on customers.

This second time I went, I ordered the steak sandwich. Meat was tough and roll was hard, like it was day old - or more. Fries were over done. However the bartender was a woman this time and she was excellent. Almost made up for the food.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had an outstanding eggplant park sandwich in this excellent, out of the way pub. Enjoyed it with some local beer and served by a very nice bartendress. The bonus of the sandwich was the lack of promotile effects on my distal colon that I would have expected from most sandwiches of this osmolarity. Well done, Phelps Barn!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This barn is pretty upscale for a barn. Dress is still comfortable-smart. I come to Grafton about 3 times a year and usually eat at home. But 5 years into my trip I decided to try this place. It's AMAZING! Why did I wait?! Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. It's the perfect Vermont dining experience. A must-eat place. Lots of farm fresh food that's turned into a culinary masterpiece. Just go!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have visited the Phelps Barn on numerous occasions and always found the atmosphere cozy and rustic. You can eat indoors or outdoors in the nice courtyard. There is a bar upstairs, and plenty of tables for different sized groups. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. If you're looking for a bargain, you can't beat "burger & a brew" night for $10 on Thursdays. If you're in the mood for something fancier and special, the colonial restaurant at the Grafton Inn is also top-notch.