Fairlee Diner
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Fairlee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had the blueberry pancakes and they were wonderful. Lots of berries and cooked just right. For just a dollar or two extra I got the real maple syrup.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This tiny little diner reminds me of the old trailer-style diners, but it's really more of a shack. And that's not really a bad thing. We went at noon on a Sunday, and were seated immediately, though we might not have been if we'd arrived any earlier. Seemed like a big crowd had just left.

I ordered the fresh Angus cheeseburger and fries. Both were really good. Couldn't eat it all. But still, I wound up sharing a piece of homemade raspberry pie with my daughter. The crust could have baked just a bit longer, but otherwise, it was good. And most importantly (for me), the iced tea was fresh brewed with actual tea bags.

Service was good, or at least as good as it can be with a confused teenager taking care of us. I think she really didn't understand how to take orders, clear the table, etc. But she was polite and we could tell she was flustered and trying her best. I always prefer that to someone who knows what they are doing but has no personality or enthusiasm.

2  Thank JayBeeDubs
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Whenever I'm in this area I try to come here for breakfast. The diner has had it's ups and down over the years but it's still there and still serves homemade food so it must be doing something right. I'll be there for breakfast the next time I'm in the upper valley.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This diner is a throw back to when you could get home cooked food. This is probably my favorite diner and I travel for a living. Their food is made from scratch. Try the turkey club, you won't be disappointed. It's real turkey.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

As anyone who has read my submissions, they will know that I highly support locally owned businesses.
I have been coming to the Diner since 1994. The same owner and some of the same staff!