“Be prepared to wait”
Review of Whippi Dip

Whippi Dip
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Fairlee
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I heard from everyone in town that I "must" go to Whippi Dip. Apparently, it is the height of fine cuisine for Fairlee. I was quite skeptical, because it is a walk-up stand, and reminded me of the old Dairy Queens of my youth.

But there was a long line, which either meant it was the only game in town, or the food was good. So we stayed. It took awhile to reach the window. Then it took about 20 minutes of standing to get our food. We hovered around the tables like vultures, but were never able to swoop in and snag one of the six available. Yes, for all their business, they only have six tables. So we wound up driving back to the B&B just down the road and ate on the screened porch.

I was also told that the lobster roll was to die for. I generally don't get lobster rolls unless I'm in Massachusetts or Maine, but I went for it. And I ordered a chocolate malt, one of my favorite things on the planet. I have to say, the lobster roll was to die for, and it was real lobster. As for the malt? Fabulous. Super malty. I hate when they toss in half a teaspoon and call it good. I think they may have used several tablespoons, which is as it should be, in my opinion. Loved it.

Been to Whippi Dip? Share your experiences!