Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmovie theaterpaddle boardsping pongbeautiful golf courseview of the lakegolf packagewinter weekendtrivia nightfamily vacationlake moreyice skatinghot tubindoor poolcouple of nightswater skiingboard gameslong weekend
Reviewed July 19, 2017

A "hidden gem" or a "little piece of heaven" and I completely agree. Looking to relax and forget about all that might be happening at home, this is the place to go. Six summer vacations at Lake Morey to date and absolutely no regrets. With each visit, guests notice updates to common areas and rooms. Nothing better than a room with the view of the lake! Housekeeping staff keeps everything clean. Love those big, luxurious towels - fresh smelling - hanging in the bathroom. All employees are friendly, accommodating and are readily available to make your visit comfortable. Meals are delicious and seem to get better with each visit. No one will ever leave hungry. And the lake...so beautiful...with swimming, canoeing, kayaking...all for your pleasure. Yes, there are a few hiccups, but those are easily overlooked. Kudos to Ladonna, Suzanne, Teresa, Kristen and to all of the Lake Morey staff.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

I am pleased all have noticed our continuous seasonal updates; this winter we will continue the guest room remodel and focus on meeting rooms as well. We cannot do it all at once, so each 'off season' we simply plug away on various areas of the hotel. It's a hotel with 'age' which requires lots of tlc, however we will never permit it to lose its special character that most people can feel once entering the grounds.
Our crew regularly read these reviews and certainly will be thrilled for the 'shout out'

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for business several times over the course of about 5 years. Love the location, views, old feel, slanted and creaky floors, old hardware etc. I love to walk around this place with a good buzz and just explore. The only beef I ever had was with one of the bartenders. We had mixed drinks in the room and went went for a walk. We ended up at the bar and he pretty much yelled at me about the liquor license and I could get the place shut down blah blah blah. My Cup was empty, I spend money at bars and I tip really good. This guy could have approached me much differently but I don't hold it against the place. I'd stay here again in a minute! Maybe he has moved on to Applebee's or the TSA or some other job where he can yell at people, lol. I love that they do weddings and all, it helped the night life. It's like the set of the movie The Shining, but in a good good way!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

And we always liked having you here... I have heard references of The Shining many times, and justifiably so- in a good way. We are in the midst of remodeling our various bars in the function rooms, and have thought about incorporating some of the elements from the bar in this movie- you know, when Jack was losing his marbles as he conversed with creepy Lloyd the bartender. And speaking of bartenders, he has indeed moved on/retired.

Enjoy,

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Where to go for a long weekend with two college-aged kids? Lake Morey Resort was the perfect vaca for our family of four. We all enjoyed the lake and water sports. Grounds are beautiful. Dinner and evening entertainment were great, and don't miss the Sunday brunch buffet.

Most notable was the friendliness and true commitment of the staff, who were unobtrusive but wanted to make sure that everything was better than good. An old- time resort where guests come first, and staff is truly committed to making your vacation laid-back and enjoyable.

Can't wait to go back next year, and may even try a winter weekend at Lake Morey! Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your positive vibes.

Lets pray for a cold winter.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

The Lake Morey Inn was a lovely place to stay. We were there for two days mid-week as part of a conference. The inn is charming and is well maintained. In exploring the inn, we found interesting odd shaped hallways – just the kind of thing one would expect from a 100 plus year old inn. Rooms vary throughout the property, so your experience can be very different. Our room was very long (65 feet) and felt more like a full apartment. Other rooms are wide, L-shaped, or standard shaped. The furnishings appeared quite new at our end, but seemed more old-fashioned at the far end of the complex. We found the room to be quiet and comfortable. I’ve heard of complaints of noisy conditions in rooms over the function rooms. As this was mid-week, and our group was not into partying, things were very sedate. If you stay on a weekend and want quiet, opt for rooms at the east end or west end of the property and you should be fine. Meals were determined by the convention planners and consisted of chicken or fish type meals. All were very good. There is ample opportunity for hiking around the golf course or nearby trails as well as various types of water sports right at the inn. We spent part of one afternoon kayaking around Lake Morey and had a fun time. That evening we relaxed in the hot tub. It was small, but was the right size for the two of us. Overall, we had a wonderful and relaxing stay at the Lake Morey Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far ends are quieter than ones in the middle. Lake view rooms are spectaclar.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

I am pleased you appreciate our distinctive style purely earned through the many decades of operation. I find you cannot build such energy as new construction tends to be void of such character. We definitely have rooms of varying shapes and sizes mainly due to the fact my Grandfather never wanted to employ an architect thus creating a unique approach to room design. We are in the midst of remodeling our rooms with 60 completed and another 50 slated for this upcoming winter. Each week myself and the front desk look at upcoming arrivals and decide whether they would tolerate any such noise that originates either from our weekend entertainment in the lounge or various function rooms as it can be heard in certain rooms.

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a business event. Check in was quickly done by the friendly staff. Resort has many different buildings that are all attached to the main building. Had a very large room with ample lighting and large screen tv. Limited tv channels, yet you are there for the resort. Bed was some what comfortable yet very clean linen and bathroom.

There is great charm to the resort with two rooms in the main lobby overlooking the lake to read or play board games. There is a billiard table too! You will find many in the lobby area playing cards and board games as might have done man years before tv and internet.

Terrific wifi throughout the resort and it was fast - unusual in Vermont!

I left feeling very relaxed and at ease.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Pleased you left relaxed and at ease. It is certainly a unique charm that comes from the many decades of service. Technology is a must nowadays so our wifi always seems to satisfy all.
Please come again...