“Fantastic weekend!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Fairlee B&B and Inns
new hampshire
“Fantastic weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Brought my friend up here for a birthday present. We were instantly treated by the fantastic staff. The character of this place was second to none. We got a 3rd floor, corner room, (#320), with spectacular views of the lake and mountains on two sides of the room. Windows were HUGE. Whole room was massive and very clean. Played golf 2 days. Even though it was early spring, the course was in very good condition and greens were just about perfect. Awesome course layout too. The views of the surrounding mountains around the course and lake were superb. Going from hole to hole with the golf cart, my friend and I commented that we felt we were on a Disney ride with all the hills, water crossings and ponds everywhere. Just super. And we didn't have to wait once to tee off. As for the hotel attractions, I couldn't believe so much was included in the room price. Indoor pool. Exercise room. Seperate billards room. Professional movie theater, (we also asked the front desk if it would be alright to bring our own DVD's to watch. The answer was, " Yup, just no rated "R". No problem with that. Next time we go, I'm bringing the "Star Wars Trilogy" :-). Canoes once it gets warmer. My friend said he wished he had brought a book to read before bed. Again, no problem. Just go downstairs and get one. Honestly, a fantastic deal. Can't wait for summer to go back and take advantage of everything else they have to offer. My friend and I both left more than happy and with great memories.

Room Tip: I would ask for a 3rd floor room facing the lake. Room # 320 if it's available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zoesmom65
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Do you know what I received for my last birthday? Certainly not a weekend away at Lake Morey (I cannot elaborate as my wife reads my responses). Looking for any new friends?

You are absolutely correct, Rm. 320 affords some of the finest views of Lake Morey. Now that the warmer weather has arrived, the tulips are blooming, and the grass is greening making the golf course even more in touch with summer.

I am pleased you had a memorable experience, and equally pleased to hear your'e returning this summer to further your memories.

See you soon,

Mark Avery

p.s.- (my birthday is Nov. 3, it's never to early to plan).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Seabrook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very nice place with breath taking views of Lake Morey. The staff are incredible and really go out of thier way to make sure you have what you need. We had a group of about 12. They opened the resturant early for us and assigned Susanne to us. She worked very hard for us that night and was then back there for the next morning for the conference. She was awesome!!!!! Kudos to her.
Golf course was not open yet but I have played there in the past. Nice place to stay and play as well.

The rooms are older but still kept very nice. All in all I would stay there for all types of travel. Great place.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are lake side but ask for one just to make sure.
1 Thank Tim M
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, and more specifically Suzanne. I will be sure to show her your review. Not quite all rooms our lakeside, but certainly the majority do fit this description. The golf course is now open, weathering our harsh winter just perfectly.

Hope to see you again,

Morrisville, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the resort as part of a conference this Saturday. When I first pulled into the parking lot, I had a mixed reaction. Beautiful lake, but not sure of the outward appearance of the building. The lobby is okay. Gift shop is a nice touch. The front desk was very professional and helpful. As I went upstairs to my room, the biggest reaction I had was, "whoa, the floors are crooked!" The floors leading to the room slanted, and the floor in the room slanted to the point of letting light in from the hall through a large space at the top of the door. The door is perfectly rectangular, but the floors are so slanted that the door did not fit properly. It was a bit disconcerting, and felt a bit unsafe. It looked like some upgrades had been made to this very large and obviously old room, with new bathroom which was very nice. Nice amenities too. The room I was given was VERY large, with king bed, pull out love seat, and pull out couch. Interesting, given that I was one person. Great view of the lake! I didn't need it, but I was curious that there is no room service. The TV had very few stations, but I figured that was a result of the area being so rural. The bed was comfortable enough, but the pillows made my neck ache. Would be nice to have a choice of down pillows.
The conference room was nice and modern. The food was very good. We had continental breakfast with quiche--a nice touch. Buffet lunch was excellent, as was the service. Overall, a good value. I don't know if I'd return for a vacation time. The slants to the floors weirded me out. But the spa offerings were intriguing, and the lake very inviting.

1 Thank carefultraveler2014
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
You must be describing Rm 230. Being the wicked husband I am, I send my wife on a "wild goose chase" through that area just to get her vertigo in motion. Working side by side with her at the hotel requires these small measures of deviant satisfaction.
Please know the main portion of the Resort was built in 1905, and as you know, 10' from the lake. Being over 100 years of age, and within a hop, skip (no jump needed) of the lake creates a constantly fluctuating land mass. This in turn creates the sloping floor of the main house. However this occurs in just this hallway of the entire Resort- under 5% of the building.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay, and please know we can certainly accommodate you elsewhere where the floors are level, the views of the lake are gorgeous, and my wife will not appear as if she just disembarked Space Mountain.

Enjoy your day,

Barre, VT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our organization just held a conference for 140 people here. Got many compliments throughout the day about how helpful the staff was for setting up meeting rooms and vendor tables, to how good the food was, to how nice the rooms were (for an older upgraded New England resort). Technology ran smoothly in all the breakout rooms and came with the assurance of a staff techie. WE hadn't been to this side of the state for a few years, but will be coming back soon. A sunny day along the lake gem!

Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
And we greatly appreciate your patronage.

Westfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have attended the Girls Weekend at Lake Morey. There have been several upgrades done in the hotel rooms which have made the rooms nicer. We stayed in a Jr. Suite. There is two beds and a pullout sofa. There is tv, a desk with two chairs, two soft chairs with a lamp table and a balcony. The door to the balcony was very hard to open but the management said that these doors were slated to be replaced this year. We also requested a fridge, it is small but average size for a hotel room. The bathroom is large with two sinks, toilet and large tub/shower,closet in the bathroom with iron and ironing board. There is a hair dryer but it does not have alot of power. There is also a closet right near the door. The room is very nice in appearance and the beds are comfortable.
The hotel is very old but this gives it alot of character. There are all types of hallways and rooms. For Girls Weekend there is alot of classes held all over the hotel. It is a very fun weekend which is all inclusive in price. It begins Thursday evening, all day Friday and Saturday and morning on Sunday. Meals are included: breakfast Fri, Sat and Sun and dinner Thurs, Fri and Sat. The food is very good. The breakfasts and one dinner is buffet and two of the dinners are sit down order off menu. For these meals there is two or three appetizers, two salad, about four entrees to select and then desserts to pick from also.
I did think that I enjoyed the 1st time I went more since everything was new to me. The 2nd year alot of the classes are either the same of similar to the year before. It is more fun if you can go with alot of girls you know. Overall a very fun experience.
The staff is very nice and helpful.
I felt like I stepped back in time but also with the new updates, was very comfortable also. There is a pool and hot tub. I did not care for the hot tub but I did enjoy the pool. It is rather small so I would imagine if there were alot of kids staying there it could get very crowded. However for Girls weekend this is not a concern.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are the best Suites and Jr Suites offer alot of room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for your review. The Ladies Weekends are always a blast. We try to mix up the classes each year in order to keep it fresh for returning ladies. We get a lot of our class ideas from the satisfaction surveys ladies fill out highlighting their experience. You actually stayed in one of our Terrace Rooms as we do have Junior Suites but are situated differently from your description. I try to strike a balance with technology and the expected conveniences of today's world but at the same time keeping the character and charm of an old building.
Anyway we hope to see you next year, and any class suggestions for this weekend are always appreciated.

Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We loved our stay at Lake Morey Inn. We chose it primarily because of the skating trail on it's lake, 4.5 miles of skating trail. It was completely awesome even when it was 15 degrees. I chose a room that had a lake front view instead of the larger room that was the same cost. The room was very small but so worth the view. What I found to be very disappointing was that there wasn't a refrigerator in the room? But you could pay an extra fee to have one? The staff was very accommodating. We stayed over Superbowl Sunday into Monday. Well I guess we were one of only a few guests that had booked, however, when I woke up in the morning there was the hot coffee brewing in the lobby. I was so appreciative. Pool area along with hot tub were very date and a little blah-there is a reason they don't have a picture of them on their website, although it worked fine for us and our kids. Restaurant was closed while we were there, but did read it was a little pricey anyways. Continental breakfast would be a great addition. Despite these minor issues, it was location, location, location-on the lake with the skating trail and hockey rinks was something special and we will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Spend the money for a lake front room, just amazing to watch skaters skating around the lake.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin S
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Kevin,

Please be aware we do have large lake view rooms with balconies (Terrace Section). Though we cannot place refridgerators in every room, they are available. I never want to 'nickle and dime' our guests, and I apologize for trying to do so with this extra fee. From this point forward we will not charge for this item. Though the budget will not allow a stick of dynamite to be placed in the pool and the subsequent rebuild, we will be doing some touch-up work which should show an improvement.

I'm pleased you will return and lets hope for another cold, snowy winter.

Thanks,
Saugus, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my 3rd year in a row going to the winter carnival. Lots to do for the kids and the adults. We rented a Terrace room for the first time . Very large with a great view of the lake! This is an old hotel with a lot of charm.I have seen a few reviews were people whined about petty things go stay in a big chain hotel. I go away to relax and thats what you get at Lake Morey Resort! Wireless worked great also. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Jr suite has a cool living room but no view. Terrace rooms are huge with awesome views!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sledhead33
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks for taking part in winter carnival once again. I must say the winter weather cooperated this year providing for ideal skate and ski conditions throughout the season. This hotel is held together by more than just screws, nails, and wood. The charm is a result of decades of caring family ownership. When these walls talk, and sometimes they do, its stories are priceless.

Hope to see you again,

Mark Avery
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlee
The Lyme Inn
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Lake Morey Resort? Share your experiences!