Lake Morey Resort
The Lyme Inn(Lyme)(Great Value!)
$145
Six South St Hotel(Hanover)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
$151
GardenInn.com
$84
All reviewsmovie theaterping pongbeautiful golf coursecard roomview of the lakeskate rentalsgolf packagewinter weekendtrivia nightfamily vacationlake moreypool tableice skatingindoor poolhot tubcouple of nightswater skiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed one night ... We were in a gardenview deluxe - a very larger room with two queen beds plus a small sleep sofa .. Our was a very very strange layout. I don't know if these are the same on this side or ours was odd - but beyond the beds and the sofa, we had an elevated seating area with three large chairs and side table. It was a huge step up and really served no purpose. It was a big waste of space and should the resort do renovations - these should go and a nice one level living space be set up next to the beds, instead.

Our room was clean though there were some faint stains on the sheets ... these are well worn and should be tossed. THe light switch for the bathroom in outside the door no inside the room.. The rooms should certainly be renovated. They seems very 70's or 80's though I know this would be a very pricey endeavor.

We had breakfast in the hotel the following morning .. It was a decent buffet and affordable and though there were only 4-6 tables taken when we arrived, we never were offered a coffee refill and our plates were not cleared. My husband did that himself.

There were some golf groups in the hotel on this particular weekend - and some of these guys were extremely loud and cursed a lot. We were with our 10 yr old son and had to keep him out of earshot of these guys - who did not give the hotel a family friendly appearance. They were drinking and smoking and swearing when we saw them in the evening. In the morning, we heard their raised voices in the hallway - where they seemed oblivious to the idea that people might be sleeping beyond the doors that lined the hall.

We would and probably will return to the hotel .. You can't not love the view and the grounds. It was cool and rainy when we were here so we could not enjoy any lake activities but i'm sure it's even more beautiful when the weather is good...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rachelfran
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your response. My Grandfather never believed in architects, rather simply remodeling himself. This resulted in some unique designs, as you noticed during your stay. We are certainly not considered a cookie-cutter hotel. I will personally speak with our breakfast staff to ensure this does not continue. Our golf groups like to have a good time but sometimes need to be reminded of proper manners, which always gets a positive response with an apology. They are all great people who typically come up for a weekend retreat with their friends whose intention is never to be offensive, so please accept my apologies that you and your son were within earshot.

Mark Avery

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Waking up to sunrise on the far side of Lake Morey with a gentle mist rising off the water on a May morning has to be one of the most sublime ways of starting a day. And talking at night, when retrieving ice from the machine, to Rachael the accommodating and pleasant receptionist who moonlights as a dance teacher is an entertaining way to end the day. In between, Lake Morey Resort has a lot to offer. I could imagine spending a month here in the summer, away from the oppressive heat in the South. I was here as part of a conference, and the resort worked well as a retreat.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin M
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Robin,

Thank you for your kind review. Our view/geographical location is second only to my co-workers as our greatest assets here at Lake Morey. It is our pleasure and hope to see you again in the future.

Mark Avery

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The Lake Morey Inn hosted our annual high school prom. The Waterlot Room was the perfect venue for this important high school tradition. The room easily accommodated 100 students, 10 round tables, a dance floor, and a DJ all with a beautiful view of the lake. The buffet dinner was enjoyed by all and the service was professional, unobtrusive and efficient. This is lovely place for a function. We appreciate the efforts of Mark Avery and his staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights attending a workshop/conference. For $85 per night I was given a deluxe room overlooking Lake Morey.

My first instinct upon arriving at the venue was that I had arrived at the hotel used for the Dirty Dancing film. Being as i visited out of season, the full range of events were not available so no dancing competitions.

The hotel's fabric and decor is very tired in places. My room had a floor that tilted alarmingly into the middle of the room. Sound insulation between rooms and into the corridor was almost non-existent. The hotel was however clean and I got a good sleep each night. The staff were friendly and very accommodating.

The first day of the meeting in the main ballroom was difficlut with no heating in the room. All of the audio visual systems worked seemlessly.

The food was ok and severed quickly and in large quantity. It was not haute quisine and was more representative of holiday camp buffet style but more than adequate.

I liked the quirkiness of the place and only visited to attend a pre-arranged event. I would however return if in thew area again.

Room Tip: Difficult to offer advice. Try for one away from the lifts and stairs as noise is an issue. The third floor in the main block is relatively peaceful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Yes we get both 'Dirty Dancing' and 'The Shining' comparisons. I'm not sure what is more frightening, Baby dancing or a couple of twins in a hallway.
I apologize about the lack of heat, of course we heat the ballroom but given the time of year with warm days and cool nights, getting a perfect temperature requires some adjusting. Our style of food is representative of what a particular group may choose. We primarily serve a la carte menu service unless dictated otherwise as was the case with your group. A couple of our 130 guest rooms do have some tilt to the floors, a trait indicative of our quirkiness and being a non 'cookie-cutter' hotel.
Thanks for the review, and hope to see you when you return to this side of the Atlantic.

Mark Avery,
Owner/Lake Morey Resort

p.s.- We do allow tricycles in our hallways.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have been meeting my friends from New England every year for the great Ladies weekend in March. I now live in Florida and wouldnt miss this weekend.We have always had excellent food and entertainment .The staff has been very accomodating.
I look forward to this weekend each year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding our annual Ladies Getaway Weekend. The pleasure is all ours and we look forward to hosting you and your friends next year.