“A wonderful Easter!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marble Mansion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fair Haven
Marble Mansion Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Fair Haven B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“A wonderful Easter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

An absolutely charming inn and an equally as charming innkeeper! I stayed here over Easter weekend with my partner and my mom while we were working on a summer home that we recently purchased nearby. The inn is a wonderful historical treasure with intricate crown moldings, beautifully carved fireplaces, and antique parquet floors - they don't make them like this anymore folks! The ample guestrooms were beautifully appointed with down pillows and luxurious bed linens. You almost need a ladder to get into bed - they are that high. We had three breakfasts at the Marble Mansion, each better than the last. Egg soufflé, homemade orange scones, and a cinnamon bun dish that I am still dreaming about. The food was simply outstanding, you will not believe it. Lastly, and probably most importantly, Sharon and Theresa were the perfect hosts. Personable, knowledgeable, and just downright friendly people. Sharon knows everything there is to know about the history of the inn, so if you are a history buff like we are you will love listening to her stories about it. Simply stated, it was a perfect Easter weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Niverville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Me and my husband wanted a romantic get away and this was that. It is amazing that the entire face of the mansion is actually Marble. The Tea Time was awesome and you have to request it. The breakfast was so good!!! The hosts where great to talk to and the other guest were such a delight as well. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that the Inn needs some work, minor jobs, like painting the porch and touching up the rooms, but it was still beautiful and clean. The price is right. The fireplace was so nice as well, romantic and warm for a freezing winter weekend. (Also, I highly recommend going to the Greek restaurant down the street for dinner.)

Room Tip: I recommend a room with a working fireplace. Some rooms do not have TV's, which I liked, but...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I chose the Marble Mansion Inn based on the following:

1) location - 15-20 minute drive from where we needed to go

2) amenities - cable tv, fireplace, private bathroom;

3) charm - wanted it to be romantic, as I was going with my boyfriend;

4) breakfast - all the reviews said it was a wonderful breakfast; and

5) price - it was much less costly than similar offerings in the area.

The inn did not disappoint in any way. It was a really wonderful stay. I really liked the room. It was so well-appointed, with every detail thought of: Everything was in excellent condition. The bed was very comfortable and clean. Beautiful linens, fluffy comfortable blankets and pillows. Loads of pillows! the bathroom contained a shower stall, not a tub, which was absolutely fine with us. I was struck by the thoughtfulness and care paid to every aspect: there was a small space heater in the bathroom, to keep even the bathroom a cozy temperature in the winter.

The fireplace was such a charming feature. We bought the optional duraflame logs, and had a fire going each night. We loved it.

Breakfasts lived up to the reviews. Again, there was such thoughtfulness there. Such generous variety with the offerings: range of teas, croissants, bagels, popover, 3 kinds of berries, 5-6 different kinds of cereals, 2-3 kinds of juices, yogurt . . . AND individual egg souffles, with sausage on the side. Absolutely wonderful. In my opinion, the thoughtfulness went above and beyond what was required - styrofoam cups were also provided, in case you wanted to take a cup of coffee or tea "to-go" once breakfast was over. Details like that really show such care, attention, and generosity.

And that was just the first day. Second day - baked french toast! crunchy caramelized top, covered with chopped walnuts or pecans, in addition to all the fruits, berries, juices, bagels, etc. Second day, we had sausage links.

Wish we had had the opportunity to enjoy the afternoon tea, but our schedule did not permit it.

Second day, before we left, the owner/caretaker gave us a tour of the mansion. We really enjoyed that. It is such an interesting mansion, both in terms of history, and architectural detail. We loved seeing all the rooms, the beautiful trimwork and such, the decor.

I don't know how to drive, and my boyfriend had to do all the driving, 4 hours, both ways. Because of the driving burden on him, I wanted to treat him to a really nice place to stay. A place that would be a real treat. The Marble Mansion Inn really fit the bill. I was so happy to treat him to such a wonderful place. He liked it as much as I did! : )

We would definitely return. And next time, I hope we can enjoy the afternoon tea as well!

p.s. Some previous reviewer mentioned that there were a lot of animals on the premises - birds, dogs and cats, and that the placed smelled like animals. I swear - there was no smell of animals. There was a cage of pretty birds in the front room, one really calm small dog, and two cats . . . and I loved that. We love animals, and love seeing animals around. It makes a place homey. The mansion was very clean, and there was no smell of animals.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had business in Fair Haven ,Vt. 1-20-21,2013. My friend and I were the only visitors this night.We were given a tour of the mansion (which is beautiful) at our registration.Our room was spacious but warm and homey.The queen bed was well appointed and very comfortable .

Our breakfast was elegant.The sun room dining table was set with lovely china and glassware reflective of the season.The white linens were a sparkling backdrop to the lovely silver serving pieces and flatware.
Our individual cheese and ham omelets were served in individual ramekins-piping hot.The fresh popovers were light, airy and warm;served up with a choice of fresh berries,cream cheese,jams and yogurts.Coffee ,tea and juices were plentiful and fresh,fresh,fresh.

Yes-fresh is the best word to describe our experience.The host Greg and his wife Sharon Hostess are bright,cheerful as well as knowledgable about the area..The house is within 30 min. of skiing and alot more value for the money than a motel at the ski areas.In summer a horse ranch has rodeos every week not more than 20 minutes away.

I would recommend Marble Mansion to my friends as well as return again.

Room Tip: One room has no TV which is a good option for a reader. A ground floor room is suitable for disable...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is an interesting building and we had a nice visit. You must love animals though, because there are cats, dogs and birds on the premises and there is a bit of an odor. They quoted me a price via email then told me later that the price was actually higher. I was surprised they didn’t honor their quote, and then when I booked, it was another $10 higher. Very odd. Our bathroom was tight... small shower stall and small toilet in a narrow corridor. The afternoon tea and morning breakfast were lovely and delicious.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kingsbury, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Marble Mansion Inn. It had the elegance and taste of a byegone era, very appropriate to the Mansion itself! The decor and scattered books were very tasteful. The beds were absolutely beyond comfortable. It was clean and comfortable.
The breakfast was superb and the hostess very friendly and accomodating to what you wish to have.
I would love to return--it was wonderful!

Room Tip: Some have cable TV and some do not. Choices in bed sizes.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Clarkstown, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had to write and add to the wonderful and well deserved reviews the Marble Mansion B&B has received. My husband (dog!) and I have been to the inn 3 times and plan to return as we have family in the area. Sharon and Greg are incredible hosts, the home is fabulous and immaculate. Kudos to the owners for keeping this historic, beautiful home in the shape it is. Breakfast is yummy - always an array of staples (cereals, waffle batter, berries, bagels, juice....) and, a surprise hot, fresh egg dish. Great way to start the day. Stay there - you won't be disappointed! (Beds and pillows comfy too!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington
BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington
Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Marble Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!