“Martones - Mainstay”

Martone's Market
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Martones went through a year or two of inconsistent product. I ordered a turkey sub with lettuce, green peppers and onions and got sprouts and no peppers! Most of my business with them is take out so I didnt return it.This happened a couple of times and I boycotted for a couple of years. I tried again a few months ago- they usually have (homemade) whole wheat sub rolls, and the subs have been perfect. We get takeout about once a month there. The half sub is about $8.50 and the whole is $9.50 so get the whole and if you cant eat it all save it for later. They have also treated me like a king during the past few months.

There are newer reviews for Martone's Market

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Martone's Deli and Market has one of the biggest sandwich menus I have ever seen! They start out with about 40 different sandwiches, and then offer you dozens of different choices of cheeses, breads, buns, wraps, spreads, and fillings like lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc. etc. You have hundreds of possible combos to choose from. The sandwiches are thick and delicious, and so are their soups. When I go to Martone's I always have a soup and usually a liverwurst sandwich. I like liverwurst, and Martone's is one of only a few places to still carry it. If you can't find a sandwich to please your palate here, you would be the hardest person to please on the planet. If you want it, they can probably make it. I haven't seen a caviar sandwich on their menu, but that's about the only choice I haven't seen!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been a customer of Martone's for years, and I can honestly say I've never been disappointed. The meat's piled fresh and high and always deliscious.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Quality food, big portions and delicious hometown deli. Food is made in front of you or call ahead. Homemade salads, breads and soups.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The sandwiches served here are outstanding! They offer a wide variety and are enormous. Come with a big appetite or plan to leave with a doggie bag.