“Good food”

Ray's Seafood Market
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We eat here quite often, most of the time the food is great. Every once in a while it's not up to the usual standards they have set, but it's always better than most of the other seafood places in the area.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The bring fresh seafood in from the coast every few days !! I have never had and bad fish from here . You will not be disappointed . If you are bring it back .

Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you love fried seafood you'll love Ray's. I'm 50+ and I still love to visit the lobsters in their tank. Great seafood and the best take home fresh uncooked seafood for you very own creations.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Some I'm from the Southwest Area, and Fresh Seafood is unheard of. The only seafood that we receive is trucked in, and frozen. I was here on a work related venture and encountered Ray's... A co-worker and I opted out of buying dinner made somewhere for the night, and purchased Live lobsters... I had never steamed a live lobster before, but once you get over the fact that you are killing this living creature it wasn't so bad! They were great, and tasted even better than I expected. Price was too bad, and like I said the availability was what blew me away. Gotta love that east coast living...

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I find their menu items to be only OK other than the freshness of the seafood. nothing special with the sides and brown and serve rolls. Salads are just iceberg. My husband loves the Lazy Man Lobster. But they'll steam your lobster for you to take home if you don't want to eat there.