“You can almost hear the ocean!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
SOUTH BURLINGTON
“You can almost hear the ocean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you love fried seafood you'll love Ray's. I'm 50+ and I still love to visit the lobsters in their tank. Great seafood and the best take home fresh uncooked seafood for you very own creations.

Visited March 2013

Denver, Colorado
“AWESOME FRESH SEAFOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Some I'm from the Southwest Area, and Fresh Seafood is unheard of. The only seafood that we receive is trucked in, and frozen. I was here on a work related venture and encountered Ray's... A co-worker and I opted out of buying dinner made somewhere for the night, and purchased Live lobsters... I had never steamed a live lobster before, but once you get over the fact that you are killing this living creature it wasn't so bad! They were great, and tasted even better than I expected. Price was too bad, and like I said the availability was what blew me away. Gotta love that east coast living...

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vermont
“Great seafood for takeout and creemees”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I find their menu items to be only OK other than the freshness of the seafood. nothing special with the sides and brown and serve rolls. Salads are just iceberg. My husband loves the Lazy Man Lobster. But they'll steam your lobster for you to take home if you don't want to eat there.

Visited October 2012
Charlton, Massachusetts
“Good selection of seafood in the Burlington burbs.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I ate there recently with a large group. They have a decent selection of fried and broiled seafood options. I had the walleye, which must be a seasonal special. The fish was very good, but I've also never had walleye before. Sides of potato wedges and coleslaw were fine. Generous portions for everyone in the group. A side of calamari we shared was awful. Box-quality, dry, over-fried. Too bad for a fish market. I didn't hear anyone complaining about anything else. The folks I went with frequent this restaurant, namely for the reasonable prices and casual atmosphere. It's basically a restaurant in a fish market, so forget any ambiance. No table service and no alcoholic drinks. They do a brisk business regardless.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colchester, Vermont
“fish store”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The prices were a bit high for the raw seafood. Just a place to eat.

Visited November 2011