“Good food, very slow service”

Mimmo's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: Pizza
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, very slow service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Food is great! But honestly the service is probably the worst I've ever had at any restaurant. So slowwwww! Everytime! The waitresses never seem to care anymore. New Year's Eve our table was ignored for 45 minutes. Beware.

• Visited February 2013

Charleston
“Not great entrees”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My company was over in Essex on business I suggested to go to Mimmos They also have a restuarant in St. Albans that is faboulous. Here in Essex was another story. We ordered the chicken alfrado the alfrado sauce was so runny you had to use a spone and it was almost tasteless. The garlic dots wer big rolls with garlic butter and cheese on them I order the chicken Marsala which had about 5 small mushroom and some runny sauce. We wer very disappointed. My co workers did order the salad and they mentioned that was fine. We did not order the oder pizza so we can not comment on that. The restaurant in St. Albans is worth the trip go there.

• Visited February 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Italian restaurant in quaint Essex”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant was far more delicious than we had expected! There were many, many choices (vegetarian options galore). We will be sure to come back here the next time we are in Essex. Accessible to everyone (families, couples, vegetarians, meat-eaters, etc.).

• Visited December 2012
Stowe, Vermont
“garlic knots!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Yes, we went here for the garlic knots. Having moved to the area from NJ, I was missing my yummy classic pizza accompaniment and these hit the spot. They were a little dry - I like mine with a ton of garlic, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. But I strongly recommend. We didn't try the pizza and instead stuck with pastas, which seemed a smart decision as I saw pizzas go by that to me looked pretty standard.

Visited November 2012
Essex Junction, VT
“Tasty pizza”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice little restaurant, which offers more Italian foods than pizza. Spaghetti pretty good! Pizza quite good.

Visited June 2012