“Good, Typical Tavern Food”
Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the best of pub fare served in a casual setting. The Tavern at The Essex features an expanded bar area along with seasonal patio seating adjacent to the East Lawn and the Resort's vegetable and herb gardens, providing diners with a more secluded al fresco experience.The menu is inspired by the finest local ingredients, sourced from Burlington and nearby areas. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our award-winning wine list, our extensive list of VT microbrews, or a specialty cocktail. A children’s menu is available. Seating is first-come, first-served. Dress is casual. Gluten-free options are available.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Good selection of tavern food. Tasty and good portions.
Can get crowded and noisy. Utilise off-hours to eat there.
Frankly, a better choice than Amuse for dinner or lunch. Both are located inside The Essex hotel in Essex Junction, V?

EssexResort-VT, Manager at The Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Great to hear you had a good experience in the Tavern. Executive Chef, Shawn Calley, has done a masterful job leading his team. Constantly tinkering with his menu, preparations and creative ideas. We are proud to have him represent the Resort.

Naz Jenulevich
Director of Resort Operations

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was very good, better than we expected for tavern food. The service was excellent as well. My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a few nights and we were very happy we had chosen to have dinner there one night. If we didn't have reservations in other restaurants we would have come for dinner again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I could not say enough about the food here. I had the Pittsburgh Steak Salad and my husband had the Tavern Burger. Both were absolutely delicious! The burger was perfectly seasoned with awesome toppings that compliment each other perfectly. The salad was amazing! The steak was cooked perfectly despite the fact that it was thin (most places end up overcooking that kind of steak). There were also french fries on the salad which were probably the best fries I have ever had. Best dinner in a while!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Friendly atmosphere! Nice pub menu and good drinks. Would go back for sure if I ever return to the Inn.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The Tavern was great during our stay at The Essex for dinner. Service was attentive and fast. Drinks were great- had the pineapple martini for myself and my husband had the captain and root beer! I had the grilled romain and filet- delicious! He had the fish and chips and pretzel bits- very yummy and plentiful. The mud pie was creative and a very nice ending!

Been to The Tavern? Share your experiences!