“First time for Middle East food, was a great experience.”
Review of Istanbul Kebab House - MOVED

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Turkish food is a true fusion of many different cultures, a collage of different cuisines so to speak. Turkey, geo-physically located as a bridge between Europe and Asia, has been a melting pot of many civilizations since the beginning of history. Once the land of Hittites and the Greeks, it later became the home of the Turks, a nomadic peoples. Therefore, its cuisine is not only a collage of all the cultures that lived in Turkey throughout history, but also a collage of cuisines from all the lands Turks lived before settling in what was then called Asia-Minor. Today's Turkish cuisine is a fusion of Turkic, Ottoman, Greek, Persian, Arabic, Lebanese, and Armenian cooking that can be defined as a true and unique Mediterranean food experience. Turkish food, as most Mediterranean food, relies heavily on appetizers called "mezes" and especially the freshest of ingredients. Although it has many meat specialties, it is predominantly based on fresh vegetables. Therefore, it offers a perfect combination of vegetarian and meat dishes, appealing to a broad spectrum of the eating public.
Essex, Vermont
“First time for Middle East food, was a great experience.”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was our first time to the Kebab House. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff. The owner suggested a couple appetizers that were delicious. The Babaganoush and the lavish bread was great. We had the tenderloin wraps off the lunch menu and they were fabulous. We will definitely return to the restaurant again.

Burlington, Vermont
“Great authentic Turkish food and gracious staff”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I went here for the first time. Not familiar at all with Turkish food. The waiter recommended a smaller sized Meze Platter that had hummus, babaganoush, Turkish salsa spicy :) and stuffed grape leaves and a type of red cabbage salad. It was served with hot lavash bread. Everything was fresh and made with obvious attention to detail. It really amazingly delicious. I enjoyed a serving of hot Turkish tea that was simple but quite comforting and pleasant. My husband had a Mixed Vegetable Guvec which was a lovely stew and served in a very hot earthenware casserole dish on a wood platter. It came with Turkish rice which was sort of tasted in between rice and cous cous (which I don't care for) but this was so unusual and tasty and perfect. I had kebab made with chicken and Halloumi. I've never had Halloumi but it was also very good. I preferred my husband's entrée but mine was appetizing.
We will definitely go back and I am looking forward to it. My husband isn't as adventurous as I am with ethnic food but he gave it an A+.
Such lovely staff. I was pleased to see that it was busy. It was authentic and well prepared food.

Burlington, Vermont
“Amazing food. Super friendly staff.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating here last night with my mom for the first time. The food was amazing!
We ordered the meze platter. The grape leaves have a very distinct flavor of cinnamon. Delicious!
We shared a kabob plate for 2 which included veal, beef, and chicken. Service is great, and the atmosphere is really comfortable and different. I will be coming back!

Williston, Vermont
“Love this place”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The food here is wonderful, and that is matched by the customer service you will receive from Vural and his staff. I have eaten here many times and it has always been an adventure. Start with the meze platter and ask your server for recommendations based on your preferences. They could not be more helpful. The Turkish wines are a delight. Call for reservations Friday and Saturday night. It's that good!

• Visited November 2013
IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Review Response:

Thank you so much for dining with us and supporting our small business! Our family is very happy to share our cuisine and culture with you. Your kind words are what keeps us going every day! See you again soon!

Our Best,
Oktay Family
Jericho, Vermont
“Ethnic Delight - Do not miss”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I are always willing to try restaurants that serve ethnic foods. We were not disappointed.

My wife had a shrimp casserole and I had the lamb kabob. The sauce and spices brought out an excellent taste, but were not over the top…just right.

You can see the attention to detail from the table settings, to selection of Turkish wine, to the quick and friendly service and great prices.

Our meals were both visually appealing and delicious.

During dinner, our discussions were around, this being our new most favorite restaurant in the area. We will be back very soon.

• Visited November 2013
IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this review, November 21, 2013

Our Best,