“Delicious!!!”

Amuse
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Amuse offers sophisticated dining in a casual restaurant atmosphere. Our menu draws inspiration from the finest local, seasonal ingredients, provided by the region's finest purveyors and harvested from our own organic gardens. We take great care in preparing your selection, to highlight the textures and flavors inherent to each element. Reservations are suggested.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Delicious and innovative menu, featuring local and organic vegetables and herbs grown onsite. Tasting menu is fabulous, as is the breakfast. Upscale and chic but not at all stuffy.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

After a day of cooking classes and then spa & massage at the Essex Resort we topped it off with a light but wonderful, creative dinner. Wish I could have ordered more!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I took our daughters to Easter brunch at Amuse. We used to go there for brunch when it was formerly the Tavern and Butler's and we loved it. We were happy to see the same type of great selections available for brunch, from peel and eat shrimp and crab to a delicious veggie struedel and an amazing dessert table (actually there were three dessert tables). The atmosphere is very pretty and the service was fine although all they did was bring drinks. However, I expected prices close to what they used to be (so I didn't ask when I made reservations) but I was shocked when I saw brunch was $35 per adult and $19 per child. The selections were not upscale enough to warrant that and my kids are never going to eat $20 worth of brunch food. But it was a nice meal so I got over it until we were told that 22% automatic gratuity was added on to our bill! Twenty-two percent for service that only brought drinks! (By the way, many drinks were not included in the brunch price.) I then found out from one of the servers that they were only given 10% of the tip anyway. I've been fortunate enough to eat at other upscale restaurants and I've tipped well, but this was ridiculous. The next time I consider going to Amuse I'll definitely look at the prices first so I'm not shocked on the way out.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was the highlight of our recent stay at the Essex Resort. We opted for the four course meal for $60. Started with the roasted pumpkin salad, then to the lobster risotto, and then the scallops served with a lemon aoioli on top of potato cakes. My dessert was a waffle with blackberry compote, maple ice cream, topped with bacon (holy crap!). The service was fantastic, and the decor was modern chic without all of the snobby, pretentious, hipster feel. We came back for the "Amusing Hour" the next day, which is basically where you sit down in front of the chef and he makes small plates with local ingredients (all for $10). You must visit this place if you're staying at the Essex Resort.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Not much more to add, Amuse delivered.
Only negative was an uninteresting and dated cocktail list. The menu was fairly inspired at a tough time of year for produce.