“Surf and Turf”

Amuse
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Amuse offers sophisticated dining in a casual restaurant atmosphere. Our menu draws inspiration from the finest local, seasonal ingredients, provided by the region's finest purveyors and harvested from our own organic gardens. We take great care in preparing your selection, to highlight the textures and flavors inherent to each element. Reservations are suggested.
Newark, De
“Surf and Turf”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

well I did it. Ordered the surf and turf. The meat was excellent so it was worth the price. The Squash soup was to die for and the blackberry sorbet finished me.

Visited September 2012

Rockville Centre, New York
“Top notch”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We ate the a la carte dinner and savored every bite. After reading past reviews from when it was a more casual restaurant we were not sure what to expect. Every bite from the cheese rolls,to the lobster risotto to the main courses to the spectacular chocolate torte. Pity it's so far away from home but wow.

“Chef's table was fantastic!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the Chef's table experience and what a great night. Having done chef's tables around the country this was definitely one of my most memorable. Very personable and knowledgeable chef- going on a Monday meant we were his only patrons at the table (bar) which meant even more interaction- I doubt the experience would beauties the same on a Friday night with three other couples there. Highlights included a scallop course and the fois gras. Great use of local and organic seasonal produce/products. Wine pairing is a must! Great experience and well worth th price!

Seattle, Washington
“Amazing.”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We visited Amuse for the first time in Novmber and this restaurant set a new standard for our expectations of a dining experience. I feel a little sorry for the other restaurants we're going to visit in the future, because they have big shoes to fill. Or perhaps I'll just eat every meal at Amuse from now on.

We went early on a Saturday night and the setting was quiet and intimate. Our server was low-key and attentive. Each meal at Amuse begins with a trio of amuse bouche representing a single flavor. Our night was pomegranate; with a solid (yogurt), liquid (champagne), and foam representing the fruit. A perfect little nibble to entice us.

Our starters were an onion soup, beet salad, and a pickled salad. I especially liked the pickled salad -- the vegetables seemed to have been pickled with different flavor brines. They were crisp, brightly flavored, and acidic. It was served with wheatberries or a similar grain, which was chewy and delicious. This was a refreshing change of pace from a traditional salad.

Our entrees were a stuffed chicken dish and an emu steak. Every element was done well. The chef's careful preparation even enticed me to try emu -- it was lean and almost beef-like. The only little annoyance was that my bok choy had quite a bit of sand in it. I ate the tops and left the lower leaves behind.

We had to skip dessert in order to catch a movie, but next time I hope to try the tasting menu, in which the chef prepares several courses of his choosing. We saw another couple having the tasting menu and the chef was very chatty and personable. I cannot wait to return to Amuse!

• Visited November 2011