Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides

Fantastic Experience!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
markrtucker1
Williamsburg, Virginia

All reviews hot air balloon lake champlain amazing experience pilot jeff fudge champagne toast my wife and i fall foliage weather conditions launch site last minute professional operation mother nature great adventure wear a hat i'm afraid flight path
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I didn't know what to expect, but after the trip I would say my expectations were met and surpassed. My mother and I felt safe, had fun, and saw the most incredible views of the fall foliage of VT during the first weekend of October. Above Reality took the time to prepare all guests for a safe ride, and ended the experience with great costumer service with treats, champagne and photos to purchase. Although it was expensive, it was a once in a lifetime experience that was worth the savings. My only recommendation is to bring cash for a tip- the crew deserves it, but if you don't bring cash you are stuck picking from 20% or more for a tip and that's just too much to ask for especially if you paid for several tickets.

1  Thank Colleen W
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The highlight of our trip to Vermont was the hot air ballon ride we took with Above Reality. The view was beautiful and it was a great experience...especially while experiencing the fall foliage. It was also pretty amazing seeing all of the effort the entire crew put into the flight. I had no idea how it all worked! Jeff was also a very experienced pilot and I would gladly go up with him again. Grab a Pumpkin Spice latte and book a flight with them soon!

1  Thank markrtucker1
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Going on a hot air balloon ride was something I had always wanted to do and with a milestone birthday this year, it seemed like the perfect activity. Unfortunately the ride I took didn't live up to my expectations. It started with all the cancellations and loss of money on a hotel room. Although this was weather related, it still took away from the overall experience. Due to all the cancellations, we ended up going on a day that was overcast and had calm winds (which we thought would be a good thing). It turns out it wasn't. We were only in the air 1 hr and didn't go very high and very far (<3 miles). It was a total disappointment. I was expecting at least 2 hours in the air since this was booked for 4 hours. I was also hoping for magnificent views of the area instead of a small golf course and McDonald's. On a positive note, the champagne and food afterward were great. The pilot and his crew were very skilled and made us feel safe at all times. It was clear that they knew what they were doing. Overall this wasn't worth the 9 hrs in the car or the money spent. I may try it again someday but probably somewhere closer to home and I won't try to schedule around the fall foliage.

1  Thank jmomus462
Jeff S, Owner at Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Hi JoAnn,

I'm glad you felt safe with our team but I'm sorry to hear that the overall experience did not meet your expectations. Ballooning is an activity that is based 100% around the weather conditions and we are only able to fly when weather conditions are safe. I know that cancellations due to weather can be very frustrating. They are for us too. I hope you understand that while we are good at what we do, we have zero control over Mother Nature and when weather conditions are unsafe and dictate a cancellation, we must do so in the interest of safety. If your flight is cancelled by us for weather related issues, you are not charged one penny by our company. Regarding the length of your flight, one (1) hour in the air is what we advertise on our web site. I just checked the GPS track from your flight and it was 62 minutes in duration and reached altitudes of 1,932' above sea level (or over 1,600' above the ground). I always tell people that flights are "about an hour" and that it might be 53 minutes or it might be 1 hour and 23 minutes or until we find a safe, suitable, location to land. We do not offer 2 hour or 4 hour flights (and we never have). I'm unaware of any companies advertising or offering flights longer than one hour. The entire experience from the time we meet, get to the launch site, safety brief, inflate the balloon, fly, land, pack up, have champagne, and return you back to your vehicle takes about 3-4 hours (give or take). And there was some great foliage color on that flight despite the lack of sunshine, I hope you did see that too. Please feel free to contact me at the office directly if you wish to further discuss any aspects of your flight.
Jeff and "the Crew"

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

This is well worth your time! Jeff and his crew are very professional and go to extra lengths to be sure you know exactly what to do and what to expect. Even though the wind didn’t cooperate we still were able to make 2,000 feet and enjoyed fall foliage from a different perspective. Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We had a wonderful experience with Jeff and all of his great team. From booking (from the UK), rearrangement (due to unsuitable weather conditions) , safety briefings before take off, to the actual flight itself, all went seamlessly. The flight was on a clear September afternoon with fantastic views of Lake Champlain, Mount Mansfield, the Vermont hills & countryside, New York state, the Adirondacks and even Montreal on the horizon. In the air for about 1 hour , got to about 5000ft ! Nice celebration drinks and snacks after landing.

Jeff S, Owner at Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hi YarmRed1962,

That sounds like a great flight! Thanks for visiting us from all the way across the pond. We hope you have some great memories for many years!

Jeff (and the crew)

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Very professional operation run by some very nice people. Jeff even contacted us to let us try to reschedule a few days early when the weather looked poor for our originally scheduled flight. We had some flexibility so it worked out great.
Beautiful views and an overall excellent experience. Definitely worth doing if you have the time.

1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed September 27, 2018

I have been on a hot air balloon ride before, however, it was over Missouri and Kansas. I knew this one in Vermont would far exceed that ride if only for the hills of Vermont. Jeff and his crew were amazing and so much fun. I took a sunset ride. Jeff was sure to bring to our attention points of interest. The ride was smooth from take off to landing. I would love to bring family and friends out to Vermont and when I do, this will be at the top of our list of things to do. Jeff and his staff celebrated our experience when it was over. I could not have wanted anything else from this ride. They also give you plenty of information beforehand of what to expect, what to wear, and what to bring.

1  Thank Travel405521
Reviewed July 18, 2018

my wife and I booked with Jeff and his crew for part of our 40 th. anniversary celebration.... these guys are amazing... The entire experience was flawless . The ascent was smooth as can be and the landing could not have been any more graceful. We soared over the Vermont country side and viewed Lake Champlain and the mountains in New York . Also cruised at tree top altitude and spooked a beautiful White Tailed Deer when the jets were kicked on..... Jeff is very knowledgeable and safety conscious from the pre flight instruction all the way thru the landing ..... This outfit earns their money !!! Worth every penny and we would gladly fly with them again Denzil and Elfreda D'souza
Halifax, Ma

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We have visited Stowe on 6th July and there was Hot Air Balloon Festival. We went there but unfortunately pilots decided not to air balloons because of wind. Saturday morning at 6.30 they announced favourable weather for balloons to start. Everyone enjoyed the colourful balloons in the air. It was amazing experience.

Jeff S, Owner at Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Hello Kausar,

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Stowe Balloon Festival! It is beautiful when all they all take off. Although we can't really take credit for this review as we don't participate in this festival :)

Jeff

Reviewed June 18, 2018

My family took a sunset balloon ride with Above Reality Inc. this past weekend. The ride was an amazing experience and the views were stunning! The pilot, Jeff, and his crew were wonderful – experienced, professional, and friendly. Jeff knew the area well, and pointed out landmarks along the way. Making reservations couldn't be easier (can be made over the phone or online), and the team was great about communicating all important information in advance so that we were prepared to enjoy the ride. It's obvious that the team at Above Reality takes great care to ensure that their clients have a safe and memorable experience from start to finish!