“A Dream Come True”

Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Essex
More attraction details
Owner description: Come float with us on a whimsical journey above the world below. One of our experienced and FAA licensed pilots will whisk you into the skies above Vermont, where you can take in all of the beauty that the Green Mountains have to offer. After about an hour you'll touch down and conclude the flight with a toast of champagne or sparkling cider, Cabot cheddar cheese, and Vermont fudge. Flights depart at sunrise and sunset daily, weather depending.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was given a balloon trip as a retirement gift. It was on my 'bucket list' and it certainly was the trip of a lifetime.
Jeff and his crew were highly professional. They oozed confidence and safety was their prime consideration.
The flight took us South from Mallets Bay, over Burlington, the University and hospital and on to Dorset Street where we landed in the front garden of a very friendly, yet amazed, family. The scenery was as beautiful as you'd expect in Vermont, with views to Mt Mansfield, Camel's Hump, the mountains of NY and, of course, Lake Champlain.
I would not hesitate to repeat the exercise MANY times because, depending on the winds, different routes could be taken; different glorious scenes to see.
[I have dozens of stunning pix which I'd love to share, but can't figure out how to attach them here! Some have been sent to Jeff, the pilot, in my letter of thanks to him.]

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Going on a balloon ride was on my bucket or to do list but most of them were offered at sunrise and I am not a morning person. So I was thrilled to find that Above Reality offered sunset rides as well. The ride was very smooth and you don't feel any turbulence. The views are beautiful -- the day we took the ride we could see Montreal in the distance. It was fun watching them blow the balloon up in a field and then find somewhere to land, eventually landing in someone's back yard where we shared chocolate, cheese, crackers & champagne (or apple cider.) Jeff is a pleasure to fly with and he was most helpful when scheduling the trip. 2 warnings though -- you do need to climb into the basket using footholds in the side of the basket (not sure why I thought there would be a ladder but there isn't) --though they are very helpful and no one seems to mind how awkward you look. And, it can get hot in the balloon from the fire used to make the balloon go up and down. But all of that was worth it for a great trip.

1  Thank flo220
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Jeff was a great pilot, very friendly. We went in the evening so we did not have to get up as early. Being close to Burlington I did not expect to go over as much farmland. The pictures of the shaddow of the ballon were amazing

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip - Jeff and his ground crew provided a top-notch experience. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

From the exhilarating lift off to the traditional champagne toast on the return, this is simply an outstanding take. Jeff and his chase crew are accommodating, affable, and all about safety. The ride itself is remarkable and memorable. You're silently floating in the cool air when suddenly there is an interruptive blast of hot air as the pilot (Jeff in our case) takes the basket even higher in search of the perfect air current. (Helpful hint: wear a hat. It will help shield the heat from the burners over your head.). The views are breathtaking. The "why does the ride have to end?" landing was impressively soft. This is an awesome ride that is worth every penny!!

1  Thank DeanoRubino