Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Essex
More attraction details
Owner description: Come float with us on a whimsical journey above the world below. One of our experienced and FAA licensed pilots will whisk you into the skies above Vermont, where you can take in all of the beauty that the Green Mountains have to offer. After about an hour you'll touch down and conclude the flight with a toast of champagne or sparkling cider, Cabot cheddar cheese, and Vermont fudge. Flights depart at sunrise and sunset daily, weather depending.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My mother and I went on this unforgettable hot air ballon ride through this company. All the staff were amazing and so nice, made the experience amazing. We did the sunrise tour and I highly recommend it because the views were amazing. Got my best pictures of my vacation here. AND STAY UNTIL THE END... They have a tradition after every flight and it made the experience complete.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We took a hot air balloon ride from Above Reality (BalloonVermont.com) on my husband's birthday. And what a way to celebrate! Jeff was very cordial, organized and a great pilot. He has a knack of explaining everything that is about to happen in such a way that any possible fear is a thing of the past. There was not one moment on the ride when I was even slightly concerned----which meant that I could enjoy every minute of the trip. If you are looking for a hot air ballon ride, this is the one to select. For planning purposes, the balloon ride was an hour, but there is about an hour before and an hour afterwards in which the efficient crew is taking care of things.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband & I took our two daughters (11 & 14) and we had an amazing experience! We traveled 7 miles over beautiful Vermont and enjoyed every minute of it. Jeff & his team were very professional and made us feel very comfortable. We ended our trip with a champagne toast! This was an adventure we will never forget. You have to try this! Don't forget your camera! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! - Margolis Family, Florida...

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I recently took a short vacation to Vermont, and were lucky enough to have had an opportunity to go hot air ballooning with Above Reality. The experience was fascinating as we travelled to as high as 4000 feet and as low as the tree tops....our Pilot Jeff was absolutely amazing with a great sense of humor....I would definitely recommend taking the time to enjoy this great adventure.