$154
$139
Hotels.com
TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston(Williston)(Great Value!)
$130
$125
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$118
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston(Williston)(Great Value!)
$137
$116
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

Courtyard Burlington Williston(Williston)(Great Value!)
$107
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

Sonesta ES Suites Burlington(Williston)(Great Value!)
$119
$111
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$119
$115
$90
  • Free Internet
$94
QualityInn
1,562 results
All reviewscooking classculinary resortculinary instituteoutlet malltavern restaurantmain buildingthe outdoor hot tubsteam roomtennis courtsgrounds are lovelyroom was largegreat weekendfitness centermanor buildingburlington areafire pitnew england
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This place was horrific. We arrived and were greeted by some of the friendly staff as they offered some recommendations of places to eat lunch before we formally checked in. Once we finished our lunch, we checked in. Our room had this disgusting smell coming from the bathroom, the carpets had stains, the kitchen and bathroom needed to be repainted.

The worst of the problems was when my husband dropped his glasses next to the bed. When he went down to get them, he noticed a USED COMDOM under the bed. SERIOUSLY! This place was like a Vegas Motel. It needed some serious renovations and was dirty to boot! When we called the manager, she was very rude and was not very helpful. We will NEVER go back to this place. Please STAY AWAY. For your own good.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NHRomance
JGVT, General Manager at The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear NH Romance,
I can only say that we are appalled by the contents of your review and feel that an oversight such as you’ve described is disgusting and would warrant a full refund.
That being said, in reviewing this allegation, we are given reason to pause and wonder if you may have inadvertently made this review on the wrong property.
Our first reason for pause is that we are making the assumption (based on the fact that your review says you reside in Portsmouth New Hampshire) that you live in New Hampshire. We have gone through our records and found that we have not had any guests from New Hampshire visit us in a kitchen-suite during the first 7 days of February.
Secondly, given the serious nature of this allegation, I have personally interviewed all staff here at The Essex regarding the content. No one can recall such an incident, so I’m anxious to hear from you about the dates of your stay as well as your room number, so we may get to the bottom of this and take appropriate action. The staff here prides itself on (a) always being courteous to guests and resolving issues quickly and without question and (b) informing me when particularly egregious events such as what you described take place. Since neither of those happened, I am given additional reason for pause – and should your review be applicable to an incident that actually did take place here, great concern!
Please contact me at your earliest convenience either by email or phone, so that this may be resolved on your end as well as mine.
Jim Glanville

Reviewed February 2, 2011

This was my 3rd trip to The Essex and once again, they outdid themselves. From the homemade chocolate provided while registering to all the extra special touches, the staff at this amazing resort truly know how to make you feel welcomed. But it's more than that, it's the feeling of being at your "home away from home". Everyone is so friendly and attentive and they truly go above and beyond to make sure that you have a truly enjoyable experience. I went to the Essex twice before with a large group and this was the first time I was able to relax and enjoy some quality time with my boyfriend. The room was very clean and comfortable and it was so nice to sleep late, workout in the fitness room, take a swim in the indoor pool and then a relaxing soak in the outdoor hot tub. Thank you Essex for once again making this an experience to remember! I look forward to returning again with 50+ friends in the Spring!

2  Thank Monsheri
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This is a great property. There is an amazing pastry case right at the entrance that looked so great that we bought the desserts before we even checked in. They did not disappoint. The front desk staff was excellent and the room was bright and cheery. The spa was also amazing. it's a true oasis. There were however some issues. The food and service at the Butler Farm restaurant were disappointing. Since this hotel is marketed as a culinary retreat that was a pretty big black mark. Also, I called and left 2 messages at the spa to schedule an appointment without a call back. Finally I was able to book an appointment with assistance from the front desk. Despite several comments regarding my attempts to reach them none of the spa staff apologized or even acknowledged the problem. We'd probably go back if we got a discount package and the restaurant were improved but we would not pay rack rate.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I went through the Luxury Links website for the 3 day package at the Essex Resort.
We were assigned a Deluxe Suite. The suite had a kitchenette, small area for couch/table and chairs, a gas fireplace and a bedroom with a king size bed. This suite wasn’t exactly what we needed or wanted since we didn’t have any plans to cook our own meals.
After a few room changes we settled in a very comfortable room that was cozy and romantic. The walk in shower and Jacuzzi hot tub was perfect. The two chairs facing the gas fireplace beckoned me to read my book especially in the morning while my husband was using the free internet service. We had the use of a K-Cup Coffee Maker that was very convenient and easy to use.
The resort has a lot of amenities which includes a modern (top of the line equipment) exercise room, an Olympic indoor swimming pool, outside hot tub, steam room and sauna. We especially liked using the facilities after our snowshoe walk around the property and through the woods. The snowshoes are available at the spa. If you are more adventurous the Northern Lights is right next to the resort. They have ice climbing, ice skating and an outdoor zip line.
I want to thank Chelsea for one of the best facial treatments I have ever had. My husband also loved a much needed massage. (Lots of facial and massage treatments to choose from)
The first night we ate at The Tavern. The food was good but nothing memorable. We were a little surprise since we assumed the Tavern was part of the Culinary School. (The Tavern is not part of the culinary school).
My husband and I decided to go to The Belted Cow and Loretta’s. These restaurants were only a few miles from the resort and well worth the ride.
The highlight for my husband and I was taking a cooking lesson with Chef Makyla! She is a wonderful teacher explaining beforehand what we would be doing during the class. She encouraged us (only 4 people in the class) to participate in all aspects of the class. Makyla taught us how to make fresh homemade pasta and we can’t wait to buy a pasta machine and make fresh pasta for our family.
The friendliness and attentiveness of the front desk staff were so helpful and accommodating. We would like to thank Kristi and Katherine for all their help.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

We just got back from a weekend at this hotel. Overall, I was pretty satisfied with our stay there.

Here are the things that I liked:
*Pet friendly (we didn't bring our dog, but it's nice knowing that we could have!)
*Nice location (close to Burlington but still felt like it's in the countryside)
*GREAT restaurant in hotel (we twice ate at the Tavern and the food was amazing)
*Friendly staff
*Hot apple cider/cookies available in the lobby area (for free!)
*Great amenities (we borrowed snow shoes from the spa and we also took advantage of the outdoor hot tub and indoor pool, both of which are fabulous things to use in the winter!)
*Close to fun activities (we did the zip lining offered through the adventure company that's located at the back of the Inn).

I only have two complaints:
*Our heat was also broken and it took almost a full day for someone to come fix it (but it was nice and toasty once it was fixed)
*Our package included a short hot air balloon ride, which was scheduled to happen at 7am on Saturday. No one called us and told us that it was postponed until 3pm, so we were awake and down in the lobby at 7am when the woman at the front desk then told us that the ride was postponed. They said their policy was just to not give people a wakeup call if the ride was postponed, but I didn't request a wakeup call because I rely on my cell phone alarm to wake me up. They should change their policy to call people's rooms around 6:30am if they know that their 7am hot air balloon ride isn't going to happen. We could have gone back to bed rather than getting ready at the crack of dawn!
This was a minor annoyance, so I still really enjoyed myself here :-)

Overall, I do recommend this place as a great hotel for a relaxing get away.

1  Thank LMJ17