Booked this hotel due to the high mark reviews. The price was decent but still was not a steal at $200 per night. Hate the fact the hotel charges an extra $20 resort fee then upon check in, they tell me the indoor pool and jacuzzi are being renovated.
We booked a double beds room, now, by saying double beds, they really mean two full size beds! If you're a bigger build and taller person, you will not be comfortable sharing a double bed with your significant other! Also, the beds are extremely soft.
The thing about this place bothers me the most is the lack if service. I called the front desk twice to ask a question, they left the phone unanswered the first time for twenty rings. I finally had to call back and the front desk assured me there are food services at the poolside. In fact, this was stated when I checked in that there are food services at the poolside. However, we were at the pool for two hours during lunch hour, did not see a single person at sight.
Overall, we would not retire. It's a resort wanna be with a prettier name by calling themselves spa and resort, but don't expect too much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa. The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa