My husband and I traveled to the Essex this past weekend and had a great time! The service was amazing-- everyone from the person who opened the door when we came in, to the front desk to the servers at their restaurants were so friendly and helpful! The hot chocolate and cookies we had while waiting to check in were a nice afternoon treat!
We had purchased our stay through Travel Zoo and I was a little nervous checking in because I wasn't sure if we were going to get a less than ideal room since we bought it through a discount site. I was happily surprised when we were shown into our HUGE room! We had a small kitchen, living room and sitting area, large bathroom and a separate room for the bed! The bed was so comfortable, I enjoyed sprawling out in the king size too! The only downside was that the room had a somewhat 'funky' smell to it when you first walked in, which I'm thinking that a little baking soda in the fridge/freezer could cure right away!
We spent some time in the hot tub and pool while we were there, which were so nice! I wish we had made reservations at the Spa or at the cooking school before we came, as they were all sold out once we got there. Next time! :)
The 2 restaurants were great to have on site! We visited 'Amuse', which was the classier restaurant on Friday and enjoyed 'The Tavern' on Saturday after a long day of skiing. The food and drinks were delicious and I thought were reasonably priced. Also, the portions were fairly sized, which you don't always get at a 'culinary' type resort.
Great place to stay and I would recommend this to family and friends who are looking for a weekend escape!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa. The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa