“"Be Nice or Leave" is no welcome”

Chantecleer Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2012

"Be Nice or Leave" read the shiny silver banner hanging above the dining room doorway on Labor Day weekend. The vast majority of customers are perfectly nice, and 100% of them pay a hefty price for a meal at this restaurant. The food, the wine and the service were good, but I don't think I'll go back because the first impression just left a bad taste in my mouth.

There are newer reviews for Chantecleer Restaurant

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Usually when someone tells me I'm going to a French Restaurant, I get excited because it gives me an excuse to dress up a little bit. This time resulted in me being slightly overdressed, but not dissappointed regarding the food. An excellent array of dishes can tantalize every pallett at this hidden gem in Manchester. I specifically recommend the Beef TarTar appetizer!

1  Thank RoyalHistoryLover
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Good service, excellent food, nice country surroundings. Wide & interesting menu selections.

Would recommend sweet breads for the adventurous. Entree choices were also varied. We enjoyed the venison & the veal.

2  Thank k m
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The lighting was soft and the exposed wood soothing. Chantecleer is one of the most romantic dining experiences. We started off with a bottle of wine from an ample list of fine wines. We took our time and began with the escargots appetizer, extremely tasty in a garlic butter sauce. One of the entree specials we tried was the panko crusted salmon and it was very moist and grilled perfectly, served with a cheese risotto. The filet mignon with merlot sauce was one of the most outstanding meals we've had anywhere. It was prepared medium rare and it was so tender no steak knife was required. We topped off the meal with Bananas Chantecleer, it was excellent so save room for dessert.

3  Thank Dave W
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Overall a very nice experience. Surroundings are very nice, not too loud, the food was excellent and the service very good.