“Unbelievably Delicious”
Review of Willy's Restaurant - CLOSED

Willy's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Exceptional! Great menu, wonderful service, and the food we ordered was simply delicious. My only complaint is that the noise level was beyond energetic. The noise level was due to this being a small dining space where most of the parties were of six people or more. My guess is that it was lots of large parties on a Saturday night due to the downhill ski crowd. I am a nordic skier. :-)

Anyway, I am guessing this was an exceptionally noisy night. I will go back the next time I am in East Burke, but on a weeknight. If this place was closer to home, I would have a serious problem with staying away from it. Again, what a wonderful find in the Northeast Kingdom. Oh yeh, it had a very nice reception and bar area as well.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Been here several times and enjoyed every meal. The food is excellent but could be more adventurous.... Great service.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Willy's is not only a fantastic restaurant with a wonderful menu (and daily specials), but it is a place where locals and guests can be treated alike with great respect and regard. My wife and I love to have this place as our 'special getaway' location and the bonus is it is only minutes away! Try the whole menu, but don't skip the fish and chips...YUM!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Amazing food at quite an unbelievable price. I had the fish tacos which was enough food for me to keep for lunch the next day and it was only $11.99. The mediterranean chicken pasta was also really good. If you are looking to eat in they have some of the best pizza I have ever had available for pick up. In addition the beer selection on tap was pretty awesome. Only downside was the service was a bit slow.

2  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The food was very, very good--simple yet sophisticated in presentation, with fresh, high-quality ingredients, and generous portions. However, the overall experience was only so-so. Service on a summer night when the restaurant was just over half full was very slow: we waited 90 minutes from being seated to receive our meals, and we hadn't ordered appetizers, so it felt very long. Service was also a disappointment given that we had planned a special evening: items appeared out of order or with gaps between, necessitating awkward waits for a table of hungry (but polite) diners; drinks ordered did not appear with out having to ask for them repeatedly (and water glasses went unreplenished); one meal was incorrect and response to the error was not graceful; and so on. We'll probably try it again based on the strong showing of the chef, but will be wary of expecting much more. Maybe takeout is the way to go.

1  Thank bluebeans