“Cheer up, waitstaff.”

The Dorset Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dorset Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Dorset
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Dorset Inn...always a treat! All of us here love food and enjoy sharing that with you. The warm and welcoming ambiance of the historic red dining room and cozy New England tavern allows guests to relax and enjoy the food, the wine and the friendly hospitality. As a member of Vermont Fresh Network, we support as many local farms and businesses as possible. Our cuisine is an uncomplicated, bistro-style that demonstrates classic culinary techniques and traditions with regional influences and reflects the freshest ingredients available. To showcase Vermont's four unique seasons, the menu changes frequently.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to the Dorset Inn for breakfast and were greeted by...nobody...for a while. Then we poked our head into the kitchen and were directed to sit somewhere in the dining room. Oh wait, not that table though, or that one. When we finally sat at an approved table the waitress just seemed less than thrilled to be there and couldn't manage to crack a smile. That being said, my corned beef hash with poached eggs and hollandaise was really good and everyone else at the table seemed content with their breakfast too. Would I have liked another cup of coffee at some point? Yes. Maybe I should have just gone and got it from the kitchen like I watched a few other guests do. Perhaps by the time you try the Dorset Inn for breakfast they'll have found a few more, slightly cheerier am staff. Until then, the door to the kitchen I'd just over there to the left.

1  Thank Anastasia350
Dorsetinnkeeper, Owner at The Dorset Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced less than wonderful service from our breakfast staff. I can assure you that we'll share this with our staff. No matter how busy we are, there's always time for a warm welcome and a smile. Our chefs work very hard in creating a real Vermont country breakfast. We make almost everything from scratch and use many local ingredients. The corned hash is the morning favorite. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to serve you again with a smile and a fresh pot of coffee.

There are newer reviews for The Dorset Inn Restaurant

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was a meal in the tavern, not the dining room, and the food was appropriate for that. My wife had a lettuce wedge and then portabello mushroom, while I opted for a Mediterranean felafel, which came with lots of salad; so the server warned me not to order salad separately. I had one of their special cocktails, and my wife a gin and tonic and then we shared a half bottle of a very nice cabernet. We also both had dessert--my wife crème brûlée and I some ice cream and coffee. We were both completely pleased with our meals.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

After 40+ years of visiting this area for summer getaways we finally decided to try the Dorset Inn for dinner. Past years they required jackets & that was a turn off.
The menu was enticing with variety of dishes for every palate. the cocktails were on point & the atmosphere genuine upscale Vermont. The table settings were impeccable & the food exceptional from the appetizers to the desert.
We plan to return , hopefully for the next 40 years.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This charming old inn is situated well, and has the nice feel of an old mansion that has been well cared for. The dining room I ate lunch in was bright and sunny. The menu had lots of vegetarian choices (my date) and I had the thai style chicken satay sandwich. She had a great salad. The next morning we returned for a nice breakfast that we ate on the front veranda area outside. We both loved the fresh blueberry pancakes that were filled with juicy, plump berries. I had smoky, thick bacon and good coffee. What more do u need?

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Food is very good but over priced for what you get. The atmosphere is what it is all about-an old colonial inn....