“Camping Isn't Always About Toasting Marshmallows!”

The Dorset Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dorset Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Dorset
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Dorset Inn...always a treat! All of us here love food and enjoy sharing that with you. The warm and welcoming ambiance of the historic red dining room and cozy New England tavern allows guests to relax and enjoy the food, the wine and the friendly hospitality. As a member of Vermont Fresh Network, we support as many local farms and businesses as possible. Our cuisine is an uncomplicated, bistro-style that demonstrates classic culinary techniques and traditions with regional influences and reflects the freshest ingredients available. To showcase Vermont's four unique seasons, the menu changes frequently.
Northeast
“Camping Isn't Always About Toasting Marshmallows!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had been camping at the Dorset RV Campground in Dorset, Vermont and were looking for a "real restaurant" in the local area. The owner of the campground suggested the Dorset Inn, just two miles away. This lovely and oldest continuously operating inn, (216 years), is located on the Green in the quintessential New England Vermont town of Dorset. I was slightly leery of showing up in jeans and a fleece jacket , but the hostess was very warm and welcoming. I thought perhaps she would seat us in the more casual Tavern area, but she guided us to the dining room which was elegantly decorated...little white lights in the windows of the four-season porch area, fireplace and white tablecloths. The meal and service were excellent! I started with Carrot Ginger Bisque and had Pan Seared Duck Breast for my entree. So delicious! A great place for a special occasion or romantic getaway. The decor, the food and the service were impeccable. So much for sitting around the campfire! If you are ever up that way, you must stop in.

• Visited October 2012
Dorsetinnkeeper, Owner at The Dorset Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your dining experience with us! We are delighted that our business neighbors recommended us and that we met or exceeded your expectations -- always the goal of our staff and culinary team. Sometimes when you've been camping you need a bit of pampering -- so happy we were able to provide that experience. Please come again soon!

Newton, Massachusetts
“Birthday Dinner for my Wonderful Husband”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a lovely Inn and Restaurant this is! The dining room is beautifully lighted and formal, but not stiff. Careful attention to detail was very evident. We found the staff very friendly and helpful as well as forgiving of the fact that we were fifteen minutes late in arriving. The clam chowder was excellent as was the roasted cod with a nice garnish of vegetables. Our waiter packed up our apple crisp dessert because we were full of this good food and ate it the next day! They all wished us a safe trip back home to Boston. We are hoping that this will be a once-a-year treat for us by our children and thank them very much.

• Visited October 2012
New England
“Best Local Spot!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Tavern at The Dorset Inn has been our favorite spot for over 25 years, and it's better than ever! We've enjoyed the lobster on the weekends and I always start with the calamari -- yum! My husband loves the burger, but on our last visit opted for the veal which was excellent, as well. We just love the atmosphere and always see someone we know there. Very lucky to live so close! This has been a great summer for a cocktail on the front porch before we go in - we always feel like we're on vacation for a couple of hours! Highly recommended for a night out.

• Visited August 2012
Milford, Ma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great salad and liver.”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I like the food here but find the staff a little unfriendly. Get the feeling that they are doing us a favor by serving us. Been there twice.

Wells, Vermont
“birthday dinner for my lovely wife”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I took my wife to the Dorset Inn for dinner for her birthday, my wife had the duck which she loved, when I commented to her why it was taking her so long to eat it, she said she was savoring every bite. Presentation on the plate was artistry, my strawberry spinach looked to good to eat, but you know what? I did it anyway. Everything was fresh and delicious. Compliments to the Chef and the Inn.
Rebecca and Jim Raymond