“sweetbreads and quail”

Inn at West View Farm Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Dorset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern Asian Cuisine served in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“sweetbreads and quail”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food is excellent, beautifully served. The menu is a bit adventuresome. I'm only sorry we had one night in the area as I would have gone back to try some of the other dishes.

Visited October 2012

Vero Beach, Florida
“There's a certain way to dine here....”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been hanging around Dorset for longer than I can remember (I'm 65), and this restaurant went through many iterations over the years. I recall going here over ten years ago when it was a different name, different management, and after waiting for the meal for about an hour, I went into the kitchen to see what was up, and no one was there!

This has all changed, of course, but I had to tell the story. It's a well regarded, busy place, and my preference is to avoid the dining room and eat in the bar, which has sofas and stuffed chairs along with, the last time I looked, a tasting menu, which not only very good, but the right proportion of food(s). Service was fine, and I would recommend the Inn as one of several restaurants in the area to try out.

• Visited September 2012
Arlington, Vermont
“A lovely B and B and restaurant in Dorset vt”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Set back from rte 30 west in Dorset is a beautiful BandB and chef owned restaurant. The Inn at west view farm consistently provides locally sourced foods, prepared in inventive and creative manner. It has become our "special occasion " restaurant . I have never been disappointed. The waitstaff is attentive and helpful, never too over the top. The dining room has about 16 tables, some surrounded by a beautiful and large bay window looking out on the grounds. There is a more informal bar menu as well. Frequented by locals and people staying at the B and B, the ambiance is friendly, warm and welcoming. A great destination during foliage, winter or summer seasons. Closed or limited opening during " mud season". If you are around during the Chinese New Year, the chef's holiday menu is incredible. A real gem. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
Monroe Twp.,Nj
“Rather disappointing”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were disappointed in this restaurant. It was pricey and the food was jus OK, not great. The halibut special was a little overcooked and dry.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Judy M
Ft. Lauderdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of the best”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I've been dining at this restaurant for many years and need to let you all know how good it is, from the lovely tasting dish received on sitting down to the variety of food, all done perfectly. The shrimp in lemongrass soup is a must and the small bites, a variety of eastern tastes, delights. I can't think of a bad dish I or my wife has ever had. And the tavern menu is great for those not given to more formal setting.

• Visited June 2012