“A lovely B and B and restaurant in Dorset vt”

Inn at West View Farm Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Dorset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern Asian Cuisine served in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Set back from rte 30 west in Dorset is a beautiful BandB and chef owned restaurant. The Inn at west view farm consistently provides locally sourced foods, prepared in inventive and creative manner. It has become our "special occasion " restaurant . I have never been disappointed. The waitstaff is attentive and helpful, never too over the top. The dining room has about 16 tables, some surrounded by a beautiful and large bay window looking out on the grounds. There is a more informal bar menu as well. Frequented by locals and people staying at the B and B, the ambiance is friendly, warm and welcoming. A great destination during foliage, winter or summer seasons. Closed or limited opening during " mud season". If you are around during the Chinese New Year, the chef's holiday menu is incredible. A real gem. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were disappointed in this restaurant. It was pricey and the food was jus OK, not great. The halibut special was a little overcooked and dry.

1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I've been dining at this restaurant for many years and need to let you all know how good it is, from the lovely tasting dish received on sitting down to the variety of food, all done perfectly. The shrimp in lemongrass soup is a must and the small bites, a variety of eastern tastes, delights. I can't think of a bad dish I or my wife has ever had. And the tavern menu is great for those not given to more formal setting.

1  Thank stano00
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The night we had dinner here, almond crusted corvine (white fish) was on the menu. I had it and it was fresh and lovely. My husband had the short ribs which were as soft as butter and in a excellent sauce. The salads were fresh and interesting and the desserts were good.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Inn at West View Farm is really two great restaurants in one. The larger of the two has an American style cuisine based menu with several fish, farm raised meat and creative dishes (sweetbreads) served to perfection in solid but not overwhelming portion sizes. every year for the past five years, my family has dined here for our annual New Years Eve dinner and we hope to continue that tradition for years to come.

The second dining experience at the Inn at West View is the tremendous tapas bar with an Asian fusion based menu. Steamed dumplings, various soups and other Asian delicacies are all on hand to offer a disctively different experience from the more traditional American based menu. My wife and I usually opt for the tapas bar when we head to the Inn for dinner ourselves.

Either way, you cannot go wrong at the Inn at West View Farm. You will find that it will be difficult to find a more complete dining experience in Southern Vermont.