“Nice Accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Derby
Lake Salem Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Derby B&B and Inns
Oakfield, New York
“Nice Accomodations”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a quick overnight trip - the hotels in the immediate area are not of a very high standard so I definitely recommend staying here. My lone complaint is the Mo was not as hospitable as she could've been. Acutally she served us breakfast and never introduced herself - we would have but sensed she wasn't in the mood. There were 2 other couples that joined us and we had a nice chat with them. Joe was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan L
MoProfera, Owner at Lake Salem Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Hi Jonathan,

I am quite surprised you felt that I did not talk with you as much as you expected. I certainly do my very best to accommodate every guest but there are times when it just isn't possible. Since I am the lone computer person I need to respond to emails while Joe has a chance to chat with our guests at the breakfast table. I also teach a morning class two days a week. I am sorry you felt that I wasn't spending enough time with you. I am not overly chatty while preparing breakfast because I am multi-tasking, and you know how that can be! On the other hand, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you. Mo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I had my first B&B experience last week -- a 2-night stay at the Lake Salem Inn while on business in Newport VT. I had no idea what to expect and now I know I can expect a lot. Lake Salem Inn sets a high standard for pastoral beauty, country comfort, excellent dining and friendly hospitality. The owners, Mo and Joe Profera, are wonderful, engaging people who truly enjoy pleasing their guests -- so much so, that I left feeling like l had just vacationed in the home of good friends. Mo does all of the cooking. And, as a "Foodie" myself who loves to cook, I was very impressed. In fact, I invited my VT business colleagues in for dinner one evening. It was great! On a final note, Mo and I have agreed to exchange a few recipes. And yesterday, I sent her one for an Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake that I love. If it passes muster with her, you just might get to try it. Bottom line -- you will love staying at the Lake Salem Inn and you will enjoy staying with the Proferas.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jericho, VT
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The accommodations in the auxiliary bldg. are not as upscale as some B&B's we've stayed at. That being said, the main house was very nice and the host/hostess were extremely nice. Our breakfasts, and dinner (part of package), were delicious. It was a very quiet, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Wyoming room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
MoProfera, Owner at Lake Salem Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our inn to be relaxing. We are so sorry to hear that you didn't feel your room was upscale. Please keep in mind that our inn is in rural Vermont and the rooms in the annex building, especially the Hideaway Room is a bit rustic with wooden floors and art work depicting rural Vermont. Guests love to feel as if they are secluded away in this beautifully furnished room with high quality amentities and linens. Upscale in Vermont is a private balcony with a lake view and A/C with a ceiling fan which is what we offer. The other inns in our area do not offer A/C, fans or are on the lake. We ourselves stay at B&B's and the ones we have found to be "upscale" come at a hefty price and are usually located in prime tourist areas. Photos and full descriptions are on our website so there aren't any surprises. We do hope you visit us again and take advantage of use of a kayak or canoe at no extra cost to our guests. Thank you.
new jersey
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed 3 nights in the Zen room and what a beautiful stay we had. I have read other reviews, mostly excellent but one in particular stated their dislike with the Zen room and we couldn't disagree more. The Zen room was like a mini paradise get away. The room was furnished beautifully down to the smallest detail. Not to mention how refreshing it is to awake in the morning to the golden rays of sunshine streaming majestically through the windows. Our service was the best we have encountered at any B & B, and we have stayed at many. Mo and Joe went out of their way on several occassions to make us feel at home and pampered us with such delightful meals. The grounds are well maintained and you got a sense of pride in ownership as you walked around and took in the sights. Even the animals were pampered to as we witnessed a fox and chipmunk both run free on the grounds interacting with Mo. Overall this was a special vaction that we enjoyed very much and would highly recommend to anybody wanting to visit Vermont. Please book this trip with confidience that you are getting so much more than ever imagined.

Room Tip: All the rooms were nice but we especially enjoyed the Zen room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Devon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I visited Lake Salem Inn in late July, and I had an amazing journey while I was there. A beautifully landscaped property, lush with floral and animal life, held my senses spellbound the full time I was there. In the early mornings I would walk through the soft, dew-laden grass towards the Lake the Inn sits next too. Once there I sat at the end of the floating dock and stretched out while the sun embraced me through the crisp morning air.

After my wakeful stretch and deep breathing (everyone should do this in the morning!) I'd head back to the Inn for a delicious and hearty breakfast with the other guests that were staying there. Mo and Joe couldn't be better hosts. I was treated with respect, friendliness, and honesty. One of my favorite memories was befriending one of the local chipmunks, Chippy!

I was not confined to the Inn during my stay, which would have still been worth the trip, but I ventured out into the world that is Derby, VT and I had a blast. I took out the Inns Kayak several times onto the lake. Imagine a wooded lake, at sunset with clear skies. You're gliding through the mirror like surface of the lake while your feet, of course hanging over the edge, are kissing the surface with tentative touches. Well that's what will happen should you visit.

If that's not enough, or you're more into hiking, there are mountains and trails galore, you have so many options to find beauty there. Lots of biking there once you find the lesser traveled roads. I saw a few really nicely paved roads that would feel like butter beneath those skinny wheels. I did some running as well, found a nice gravel bike/walking trail and took advantage of that!

This is getting a bit long, but I wanted you to appreciate what I went through, so you could make the right decision, and check this beautiful Inn out. When you stop by, please expect to have fun out there. Exit your comfort zone and let Vermont show you what true beauty is. Go that extra mile during the hike, stay out for 20 minutes longer on the lake. Enjoy yourself.

I forgot to mention the Dinners! You may notice on the Inns website that one of the owners was a 4 star restaurant owner, and it shows in the cooking. Fantastic food, wonderful environment, Wonderful Experience. Oh and I got to help pick green beans from Mo's wonderful garden!!

Room Tip: For couples who want a bit more Privacy, they have two rooms above the barn (very nice inside, I got...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
canaan,ct
Reviewed September 4, 2011

A couple of week's ago my wife and i went to a family reunion in up state vermont. We found a B & B on the internent and it turned out to be, lake salem inn, the first thing that caught my eye when we arrived was the way it was beautifully landscaped. When we met the owner's MO & JO they where warm and pleasent. We stayed in the wyoming room, which was on the 2nd floor. The room was warm and cozy and the scenic veiw of the lake was perfect. And in the A.M. the breakfest was absolutely outsanding. We would recommend lake salem inn to anyone. Thank you for a very pleasent stay. Joe & Deb

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mountainman5760
Boston
Reviewed October 17, 2010

my husband and i stayed here for one night on our way up to quebec city. Mo responded to my last minute inquiry very quickly. we were getting in late so they left a light on for us and the keys in the door. the fireplace warmed the room and we slept well. when we woke up the next morning we were in awe with the view outside our window of the beautiful autumn leaves and the lake right outside our room.

we ventured into the main house the next morning and enjoyed breakfast with another couple that were staying there. the house was tastefully designed and decorated. mo and her husband were very hospitable and have a nice little place there. as we were just passing through, we hope to have the opportunity to stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vacationgirlboston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Derby
Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa
Jay Peak Resort
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
WilloughVale Inn and Cottages
Domaine Les Boises Lee Farm
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay

Been to Lake Salem Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!