“Honestly you can't go wrong here!”

Vermont Pie & Pasta Company
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beautifully designed Building directly off -91 Exit 27. Comfortable, relaxing, and casual Atmoshere.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Been here twice and each time the food has been more than fantastic!!! It's quite frankly outstanding!
Went in today for lunch and was met at the door by very friendly staff. Was seated promtly.
I ordered the Southern Man Burger with a side Harvest salad; my mother ordered the Ginger Stir Fry with a side VT Maple Salad. While waiting I noticed the dining room was very clean. Every employee was smiling as they walked by our table. Before I knew it our food was out to our table.
Let me tell you, this burger was out standing! The bun was a nice brioche buttered roll. The burger was cooked perfectly to my request, and JUICY TOO! It was topped with a perfectly melted slab of Vermont Chedder Cheese slice along with some caramalized onions and a sweet and somewhat tangy blackberry BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce must be house made cause i have never tried anything that good, I was tempted to lick it off my plate; it was that good! The burger was served with seasoned waffle fries which came out hot and crispy and not greasy like some other places ive been to.
The salad has to be one of the best salads i have ever tasted as well! I forgot to take a picture of it but it was pretty damn good. It had candied squash, cinnamon croutons, almonds, pickled onions and dried cranberries with a nice maple vinagrette.
I tried my mothers stir fry and that was tasty. Her salad was equally good to mine but a tad sweeter from the VT Maple Champange Dressing.
Then I got dessert. It was the VT Maple Creme Brulee. Sweet, creamy and delish! The top was perfectly crunchy as it should be then the bottome was cold and creamy. Not overly sweet either! It was served with a side of whipped cream and a mint sprig.
The bill wasnt that bad either, it was priced at about $50. Deffently worth it!
We are deffently returning again and again

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner there the other night. The staff was awesome, and we felt like we were with family, only better. The food was excellent, and the filet defies description. Thank you for a truly delightful experience.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

great service...great pizza. We could eat pizza everyday and pizza from the Vermont Pie and Pasta we could eat twice a day!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for dinner one night while I was in town and joined in on their Wednesday night Trivia night. The place was packed for a Wednesday night.

The restaurant itself seems to be a pretty new building with a bunch of TV's in the bar area ( I finally got to watch some sports since my motel TV was sports averse). Friendly group of locals as well.

The staff were very friendly and the food was very good.

It's a must stop if you are in the area.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Super easy to get to off the highway, pasta dishes and salads are delicious and varied. Menu was inspired. Drink choices were varied. Seemed like a great location for families, travelers, or those staying in town to ski at Jay.