“Long, challenging, but a lot of fun”

Great Vermont Corn Maze
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Danville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Largest Maze in New England. Opens August 1st. Open at 10 AM, 7 days a week, weather permitting. Recommend arriving no later than 1PM. BEST time for mazing is mid-August to mid-September when corn is at it's best. Closes mid-October, exact day varies due to how well the corn holds up. Two mazes. Big maze is a Black Diamond Maze and can take 2+ hours to hike. Scenic maze is smaller and is about a 40 min walk. Enjoyed most by adult couples and parents who enjoy adventures with their young children. 90% of teens do not enjoy mazing. Also, World's first Barnyard Golf, friendly dwarf goats and Lowline angus cows. PRETENDIN play area for young children with small western style play village, 100' underground tunnels, silo climb, HIDE-N-SEEK FOREST and hay barn. Recommend following our map from website since not all GPS are accurate in our area. Popular October Haunted event- DEAD NORTH, sells out every year. Tickets for DEAD NORTH must be purchased online and go on sale in August.
Ontario's Near North, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Long, challenging, but a lot of fun”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We showed up at 10am and I am glad we did. We started the maze and it took us 2.5-3 hrs to complete as we kept getting turned around on ourselves.The end of the maze you can go and pet farm animals. At the beginning of the maze you get a punch card and punch out shapes as you complete the maze. At the end, when you finish you are able to see the map of the maze and see where you went.

Visited October 2011

• Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Long but Fun”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was so fun but it took us 2 hours to get out! I would go early in the day otherwise they rush you out and it becomes crowded. The staff was so nice. It was a beautiful fall activity.

Visited September 2011
tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A must-do”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was our third trip to the Great Vermont Corn Maze. We have been with 14 year old boys, a 15 year old girl, and assorted family. This year we took our 35 year old son and his new bride. Each time, a fantastic time is had. This year we managed to diagonally cross the entire maze twice before finally finding our way out. We have always had to have a hint; nicely oblique, the hints are just enough to keep you going. Pick a day with good weather, and plan to have a picnic before or after . It is a particularly great time when, as yesterday, the leaves are beginning to turn.

Visit Northern Vermont; we have not had floods! Everything is open and normal.

Visited September 2011
Burlington, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are you for real honda802?”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Because the people you were with were touched by some other guest in the maze, you want your money back? Huh? Really?

So, you go to a movie, stand in line, someone is rude to you that is at the movie, you will ask for your money back? How old are you anyway?

Perhaps you should start staying home watching cartoons with your mommy!

Now that the rant is over, let me give my review.

Is is one of the best experiences I have every summer. My wife and I, and another couple, have travelled to the maze for the past 11 years. We make this a weekend to get away from the kids, just adults.

The maze in unbelievable. Makes you wonder how they can do the things they do. It is challenging, but very fun. The owners are amazing, friendly, and people you wish where your neighbors. Can say enough about them.

Dead North is fun. If you are not very skiddish, it isn't very scary. It is fun and exciting.

So, don't let honda802 sway you. If you are looking for a great time and relatively cheap money, go to the maze. You won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2010
1 Thank yearlymazefans
Tilton, New Hampshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A great experience for everyone!”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I've been to the Great Vermont Corn Maze a couple of times now and can't say enough about it. I've also been to their Haunted night-time attraction, called Dead North which was out-of-this world fun and scary.
First, the Corn Maze... the owners change the design of the maze every year. So, it's worth making repeat trips. The best part is that you can make it as challenging as you want. If you're like me (with no sense of direction), you can use the cheat poles from time to time which point you the right way so that you don't get too frustrated. I went with adult friends, but we watched families with young children zooming here and there, competing with each other to see who could be the first out of the maze. Everyone seemed to be having so much fun. Not only was everyone enjoying themselves, but they were getting exercise at the same time. The entire area was very well maintained and even had picnic tables if you wanted to bring along a lunch or snack. I would definitely recommend this attraction for people of all ages who enjoy a bit of fresh air, a nice stroll and a bit of a challenge.
The night time haunted version is only open for a couple of weekends later in the season, before Halloween. It's not in the maze, itself, but located in an adjacent wooded area. I've been to lots of "haunted house" experiences in my lifetime, but this one was by far the best. I went with a couple of friends, one of whom screamed and clung to me the whole way through. You never know what's coming next. I have to say, for me, this was like the Dinseyworld of all haunted experiences, and I'm planning to go again this year with more friends.

Visited August 2010