“Great way to see the mountains”

Mountain View Ranch
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Danby
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife & I have been coming to Manchester Center, VT for several years. We come up in the winter and on multiple occasions have taken a private trail ride into the fields and woods on the property at Mountain View Ranch. The staff have always been excellent, and the views from the property are splendid. Not bad for rates either!

1  Thank ImJustSayingIsAll

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Spent some time at the farm, saw horses not feed or watered on a regular basis. One horse they were are selling kept stalled to the point of muscle loss. Saw children put on horses that were not safe nor suitable for novice rider. In short the place is badly managed
e

8  Thank 1geezer
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter, nine year old granddaughter and myself did two private one hour trail rides this past weekend at Mountain View Ranch. It was a wonderful experience all around. The ranch was beautiful. The horses were very gentle and well kept. We are all experienced riders, though this was my granddaughters first experience trail riding. As I said we took two separate rides. Our trail guides were Lori and Kristen. They were very friendly, and both paid special attention to my grandaughter helping her feel comfortable out on the trails. The scenery was spectacular, we even did some trotting. I would highly recommend Mountain View Ranch. We are looking forward to some more riding in the spring!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My daughter wanted to take a trail ride while in Vermont. She is quite experienced with horses. We found this ranch through its website and gave them a call in the morning. Got an appt for 11. All went great ! Good location for trail ride on their property and the neighboring national forest. Staff were great and very pleasant. Recommended.

1  Thank SDrown
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here to do one of their trail rides. We had made reservations in advance.. but on our drive down hit a lot of construction and showed up late but the owner allowed us to come the next morning, which was very nice. The owner was great and talked to us for a while and then one of the other workers helped us on our horses and led us around the trails. The guide was great, really talkative and knowledgeable. The views of the mountains are unbelievable, just gorgeous. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone, and any level of rider. The ranch is well kept and seems to be a family business. It was really great and we both enjoyed it!