“Jolly good breakfast”
Review of The Athens Diner

The Athens Diner
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Colchester
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Handy for the Motel 6 where we were staying. This is a typical traditional American diner offering a large range of food. Friendly service and good prices.

1  Thank Bobcat605

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Consistency is not a standard at this place , food has been bad 2 times so far , we will wait before trying it again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Service was great, famous diner menu, breakfast all day open till 4. I had a veggie skillet for lunch 1st day which was to die for and the next day had the open face turkey ...the gravy was out of this world.and local organic turkey.. gravy omg ..great to dip the fries in..

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went here for lunch. The menu is pretty extensive so there should be something for everyone in your party. The portions are huge! My daughter got a chicken sandwich and fries and couldn't even touch the fries let alone finish the sandwich. My husband got a club sandwich which he finished but couldn't eat the fries either. I got a chicken wrap which was delicious but I couldn't eat the chips... Lunch for the three of us was $39 - so it was a little expensive but ok for the portions - perhaps scale down on the portion and reduce the price a little... The staff we interacted with were all very friendly and accommodating. I'd definitely recommend - something different from fast food!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Montreal and it was 7 am. We searched and found this great spot. The interior is very traditional diner decor and it is very clean. We both had one egg scrambled, e homemade biscuits and delicious home fries. The coffee is also very good.

Our waitress was super friendly and kept our coffee cups filled up.

We would definitely go back again.