“bed bugs and management could care less”

Motel 6 Burlington - Colchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Toronto, Canada
“bed bugs and management could care less”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I received numerous bed bug bites during my 3 night stay. Management kept saying they cleaned the room and had no spare rooms to move me. The bites continued each night. Management refused any compensation for my odeal.
Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank C T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was amazing surprised at how clean the rooms were. Just what i wanted, a clean room and an amazing price. Already knew about the extra wifi charge, but did not mind. Lobby is a bit bare, but rooms are functional.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was really hoping for a good experience with Motel 6. I have never stayed at one before, and was a bit worried about reserving our room. However, there were no other hotels available during our stay (USAT Nationals). It was a horrible experience from the get go. When we arrived, the staff at the front desk told me I had only booked one night, when in fact I had booked 4 nights. The next morning as I am down at the front desk trying to fix the reservation problem, the Manager is at the door of our motel room telling my husband that we need to leave. I gave the staff my confirmation number, but it wasn't until I showed them the confirmation email that they believed me and let me stay. (Believe me, I would've left if there were another option!) The room is very small, we couldn't move around after putting two suitcases and our road/tri bikes in the room. The bathtub had hair and dirt in it, and we were never able to get hot water from the bathroom faucet. The bed was okay, but you only get two very small, flat pillows. The AC/Heating unit is basically where a closet should be and is about the size of a closet. It either kept the room too cold or too hot. The flat screen TV is placed up on top of a makeshift closet instead of mounted to the wall. I had to make 3 return trips to the front desk when my card key wouldn't work before they figured out it was the batteries in the door lock and not the card. Not sure if they would consider using air fresheners in the smoking rooms as it would be a huge improvement for the nonsmokers stuck in a smoking room. I felt that after staying in that room, my husband and I have increased our chances of coming down with cancer from lingering (and I mean LINGERING) second hand smoke. I understand you get what you pay for, but I paid 360.00 (a bit much for a budget motel) for 4 nights and got nothing (not even free WiFi) in return. The only highlights of this motel would be location. It does have a McDonald's, Burger King, Gas station and 2 restaurants just across the parking lot. It is also close to the Interstate and just a 25-30 minute drive to Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nrsrachet98

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Chose this location for it's closeness to Interstate, as we were just passing through on our way to the Maritimes. Booked in advance as we were going to be late arriving. As I checked the reviews in advance through Trip Advisor ((as I always do)), we were not disappointed. Place seemed quite new. Room was spotless, neat and tidy. No carpeting, Laminite flooring instead. At least this way...easier to keep clean. There are coin operated washers and dryers. A bit hot when getting off the elevator and someone has the door propped open from the laundry. Vending machines off the lobby. MacDonalds just across the parking lot for those that need a quick bite. We would definitely book this location again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sea Bright
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was in Burlington, VT for the National Triathlon Championships and literally every hotel I could find was sold out. I was willing to pay just about any amount of money for a room, but wasn't able to find any space in any 4- or 5-star hotels. I needed a room, so booked with the Motel 6, who had availability. And I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The room was small and neat, and quite clean. The mattress were clearly brand new (of course I pulled back the sheets to check fo unwelcome critters). Besides some late night revelers that were out of the hotel's control, the venue was quiet. The staff was accommodating of my late check out and need for lots of extra towels. All-in-all, it was a much better experience than I had expected. Motel 6 may not be my first choice, but they did a great job for a low, low price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I have to disagree with the awful reviews of this establishment. We were welcomed to bring our two cats without any hassle. The floor in the room was not carpeted--logical thinking on the owner and the room was very clean! The bathroom was spacious and immaculate. The furnishings were spartan and simple, but adequate and pleasant.

The desk clerk was helpful and directed us to a wonderful, Chinese restaurant delivery service which brought us a literal smorgasbord of food for under $30 for two. The bed was spacious and very comfortable. I did not notice any filth anywhere and appreciated the good security of the building, not to mention the security of the room. I would definitely return.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendall Park, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2012

First off this motel is very clean & has a great location outside Burlington. Winooski is a lengthy strool away, but it's a nice walk (but uphill on the way back). The motel has no refridgerator, microwave or coffee maker in room; no shampoo (I always bring my own, anyway); no free breakfast, just coffee in the lobby. Does have a nice pool and is next to McDonald's & Burger King & there's a great Diner across the street & a great place for pizza there as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gjcooper7007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Motel 6 Burlington - Colchester? Share your experiences!