“Handicapped Accessible review”

Residence Inn Burlington Colchester
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is not my first stay here nor my first review of this property but since we are in an HP Accessible room this trip, I want to share my observations of the room for future travelers.

But, before I start, I want to thank David and Emily for helping us get a room here at our preferred location when the hotel was fully booked. They very patiently took my repeated phone calls (as I hoped for a last minute cancellation or someone checking out earlier than expected) and gave me helpful hints as how to proceed from moment to moment. It is not that you promised what you could not deliver or gave us any false hopes but the you understood the system and were able to advise us. That is customer service.

As for our room, these are the accommodations in this room only; there are other HP suites available here and they may have different features so I can only speak to the room I have seen. For the hearing impaired, there is an optional door-bell; it is activated by a well labelled switch in the room. The kitchen counters are lower than standard. The cabinet doors below the sink hide roll in access. Microwave sits on the counter. Normal location of plates, glasses, sharp knives is out of reach but this can be re-arranged. The switch to operate the disposal and the over sink light are on the sink wall and may be out of reach. In the bathroom, the sink is roll under. Faucet is a single mixer lever. Toilet is higher than normal but there are no handrails. There is a bathtub with a low side wall and one handrail on the far wall. There is a standard shower head plus a hand-held with its own water supply. There is no shower stool in the room. Toilet/tub room door opens out and there is plenty of space to maneuver a wheelchair within. Closet space has no doors to fuss with but hanging is 5 feet plus off the floor. Closet has shelving for half its width.

Room Tip: The floors are thin and you can hear the upstairs neighbors walking around, so I like the fourth flo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Burlington Colchester

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a great place. clean/ very friendly/located well easy on off highway easy in out of Burlington and very quiet.Pool/hot tub very clean, good size, good temps, good hours.( one of my peeves there is no clock in pool area) large guest laundry with good prices and clean.Nice guest fire pit. We had a 4th floor studio king. Very nice great space sweet little kitchen with pretty cabinets that were well stalked nice to have your coffee in real cups, some very nice touches in the room the wood the red wall and recessed lighting in the sleeping space were very sharp. lots of lighting there should be a clock in the living/kitchen space as it is hard to see alarm clock in the sleeping space. 2 large windows that open and we had a nice "view" of the tops of trees and mountains in the distance very pretty sky at night. The reason for not excellent: Sunday and Monday breakfast. Saturday morning we went down had a great breakfast. hot items hot cold items cold tables were clean and two very friendly/helpful workers. Sun/ Mon very different no cut fruit no yogurt no hard boiled eggs the food warmers were empty except for 3 pieces of ham.no regular coffee. The counters were dirty and full of crumbs tables were not cleared or cleaned and every trash barrel was over flowing. one of the breakfast workers was standing at the lobby desk with his arms crossed. We thought they must have been slammed all at once while we sat and waited for food to reappear many folks were still showing up. Monday was only a little better and a lot fewer guests. I served breakfast at an 80 room hotel for many years and yes you can get behind but to be that messed up that far behind was unacceptable.
So we did very much like it here Friendly/ Clean it seem to be a focus (as it should) well located and a very well thought out hotel spaces/ colors/ quality/price point. We will happily return. There is a lot to like.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our room felt like a luxury hotel. The deep colors, large flatscreen tV that pivoted to face the living room area or the bed, the granite countertop in the kitchen area, the wood-faced kitchen cabinets, the enormous mirror in the bathroom--all these details made the room comfortable, cheerful and luxurious. However, this is probably the first hotel room I have ever been in inside the U.S. that did not have a bathtub! This was a great disappointment to us after a long day biking. I guess the hotel has a hot tub but we had not brought bathing suits and I like a private bath in my room.

Other than this one complaint, the hotel could not have been better. The staff were extremely helpful (although their information about the bike path was not 100% accurate). The breakfast options were plentiful. I do not like all the styrofoam and plastic involved in eating breakfast. i hope there is some way they can move to reusable silverware and plates.

The hallways and lobbys were cheerful, clean and well-appointed. Our room was absolutely silent--we heard no noise from neighbors or elevators or the hallway--even though the hotel appeared to be quite full.
The hotel is a quick drive to downtown Burlington and yet has woods around it. the wifi worked perfectly at all times.
I would absolutely stay here again--but i'd request a room with a bathtub. it never occurred to me that i needed to even think about this!

Room Tip: Ask for a bathtub if that matters to you. Ask for a room with a view of the woods.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We travelled to the Burlington/Colchester area to visit St Michael's college and University if Vermont and chose this hotel based on great reviews. We needed a comfortable place for our family of 5 and a home base for one adult to hang out with the two younger kids while mom and teenager visited the colleges. We were not disappointed. Our hotel room and the facility were very clean, staff was friendly, and our suite had plenty of room with 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. Our rooms were bright and tastefully decorated. Bathrooms were clean and showers were hot. The pool and hot tub area were clean and towels were plentiful. Breakfast was better than expected with many options and staff was friendly and right on top of things, constantly replenishing food and wiping tables down. The fireplace and mix of small tables and counter-type seating gave the place a community feel. The fresh-baked cookies each night were a perfect touch.
As far as location goes, the hotel is less than 10 minutes from UVM, St Michael's, Champlain college, and downtown Burlington. It is also very close to a Shell gas station and Shaw's grocery store for anything you might need.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay here and will definitely return the next time we were in the area. Talking to other guests, it seems as though others make this a return spot too.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank MAMamaof3
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for a week while travelling on business. The room is a suite, with a kitchen and living room area. The kitchen has a full refrigerator in it which is great for storing snacks and drinks in. Although I never cooked, it would be easy to prepare as all the dishes and untensils you need are available.
The bed was very comfortable and linens were cleaned. I did not hear noise from neighbors, however, did notice when I close my door, it was quite loud latching, even when I held the door until it was completely closed.
The bathroom and sink area were clean and spacious, The only thing that was missing was a close up mirror, as the one by the sink, was quite far away. There were two other mirrors on both sides of the bed posts, but they were back away from night stands. It would have been nice if there was a full length mirror somewhere in the room. But not a deal breaker at all.
The hotel staff was extremely helpful and accomodating... happy to help with directions or restaurant recommendations.
There is a breakfast each morning, which had plenty to choose from including, eggs, waffles, cereal, danishes, and more. I did notice that on some night there was even dinner offer, however, I did not have any.
The lobby is warm and welcoming. There are many couches, televisions, and tables for guests to enjoy. There was also an outdoor firepit that looked nice and cozy to sit by. There was also a computer in the lobby with interney and a printer which came in handy on several occasions.
The room has free wifi, which works well and is very convenient to have.
I would definitely like to stay in the hotel again for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have always been pleased with Marriott Hotels but this one is special. The staff was welcoming, knowledgeable and ready to help with every request. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was very good.
My wife and I were on a genealogy trip and the staff helped with directions and written information. Burlington is a great destination.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have only good things to say. Spent 2 nights visiting granddaughter @ UVM, this property very close. Easy to reach from I89. We were greeted warmly from check-in to check-out. The staff very friendly, front desk, dinning staff @ breakfast and cleaning staff.
We enjoyed patio with fire pit. As a smoker it was nice to have area that felt welcoming. The 2 bedroom suite worked well 2 bathrooms great. The suite was spotless and well maintained, with everything we needed.
Breakfast hot & cold choices, all very good and replenished as needed. The free coffee bar 24 hrs was also welcome.
Only down side was handicap parking up fairly steep grade and only saw 2 sites, which were taken. Was a draw straws, type situation as my husband has cardiac issuse and I have mobile issue, so who gets the car? In fact I forgot something in car and went to get it, had to sit in car several minutes to regroup to walk back. The other parking option farther down smaller grade.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Hampton Inn Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to Residence Inn Burlington Colchester? Share your experiences!