“Moderately priced motel with clean rooms and very helpful staff.”

Days Inn Colchester Burlington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My wife and I had a really fun visit to Vermont to participate in the Burlington Marathon and a short vacation. The staff of this hotel were part of the reason that the trip turned out so well. The manager of this facility went out of her way to direct us to nice eating locations and nice driving trips. Also, the staff in general took an interest in my participation in the marathon and it really felt good to share my reasons for the trip with them.

This facility is about 5 mins away from downtown Burlington and 10 mins away from the airport. It is an ideal location for anyone wanting a comfortable and friendly location to stay while exploring the area around Burlington. They have a continental breakfast which saved on our expenses during our 4 day stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2010

Dirty nasty and disgusting. The service was horrible. The front desk agent burped loudly when she was checking us in, the room was dusty and dirty and none of the lights worked in the room. Among the nice hotels in Burlington believe me - it's worth it to spend the extra money.

3  Thank ceegrow
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am very concerned and equally disgusted that one of my staff members would act so inappropriately. I urge you to contact me via email or phone so that I may follow up with the appropriate staff member. As an Chairman's Award Winning property and the General Manager for the past 15 years, I work diligently to ensure that my staff is trained properly and my property is well maintained and up to date. I apologize that you did not find the staff and hotel to be in the condition that it is typically in. Please allow me to host you and your family again in the future and provide you with the excellent customer service and clean rooms that we ARE known for.

Reviewed May 22, 2010

A business trip that was to last one - two weeks in January ended up as an on and off stay for almost four months. the staff of the Days Inn in Colchester went completely out of their way to accommodate my ever changing schedule and just as important, to me, made me feel welcome and as travelers know, provided one less thing to worry about while on the road.
Highly recommended for value - service - cleanliness - and staff professionalism

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed there while visiting family. We came home with bed bugs. It took us 6 months to get rid of them with professional help. I have always enjoyed my stay there, except this once. The service is always excellent when we stay there. The breakfast is adequate. Rooms are a decent size. Pool is a little dark, but it is nice to have access to the pool. The building is a little worst for wear, but not enough to prevent staying there. The only issue we have is that we bought bed bugs home, which can happen anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny1262
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2010

It is with great concern that I am writing this reply to your review. As we are an Award Winning Property with clean rooms, I am absolutely astonished that this is the first time I am hearing anything about bed bugs being brought home from my hotel. We utilize regular room inspections with a local agency as well as having my entire housekeeping staff trained to monitor bed bugs that can be brought in by guests. Furthermore, all 73 rooms were recently inspected by an independent company and found to be entirely free of bed bugs, so I am having a very difficult time reading this review. As the Hotel General Manager, I go above and beyond my competitors to ensure that my rooms are 100% clean, my staff is trained, and my rooms are guaranteed bed bug free. It is an expensive task, but in my mind well worth the expense. I'd love to talk with you further, and I certainly would welcome a phone call at any time to discuss other possible ways you brought the bed bugs home.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

Staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Continental breakfast was great. Included 3 types of cereals,l waffles ,fruit toast, & coffee. Pool was clean and coffee was available in lobby 24 hours a day. Staff was informative when we needed directions to various places. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2010

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let the traveling public know about your recent stay. My staff and I sincerely hope you will choose the Colchester Days Inn whenever you visit the Burlington area.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

The staff and the cleaning people were very friendly. They were very helpful. The atmosphere was very welcoming. I felt like I was at home. It was the best continental breakfast I have ever had. They had so much to choose from. Someone was there at all times to keep things filled up, and kept the room very clean. The location was close to any where I needed to go. I loved the whole experience of being there. Wanda Mason

• Stayed: April 2010

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay. As the only Chairmans Award Winning Days Inn in the state of Vermont, I am constantly trying to find ways to keep up with the newer properties. Recently I added a fitness room and a business center and repainted 39 of the rooms an amazing yellow! I hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 2, 2010

For the price this hotel was a wonderful surprise. The front office staff was second to none. Note the the hotel is old--but the rooms were clean and the location was perfect for our visit to Saint Michael's College.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MyFamilyView
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Days Inn Colchester Burlington? Share your experiences!