“nice for 1 night”

Days Inn Colchester Burlington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a wedding in Burlington, Vermont and this was one of the least expensive offerings in the area. I checked the Trip Advisor reviews and this place appeared to have very good ratings.

When we arrived I asked for a free upgrade if available.. never hurts to ask.. and we were given a king bed suite which they call a loft. You walk in and there is a living room and bathroom, and a mini kitchenette with sink, fridge and microwave. There is a staircase taking you to the king bed, dresser and additional flat screen TV on a loft. Thanks to Kelly for arranging these nice accommodations for us. We had traveled a long distance and were grateful for the perk.

The room wasn't perfect but no complaints. The fridge didn't work but that wasn't a big issue for us. The first night was a great night's sleep. The second night I was awakened with lots of loud talking in the parking lot, but that can happen anywhere.

The first day, when we left at noon for the wedding, we told the front desk to please have our room made up while we are out, as we had just removed the "do not disturb" sign. I watched her call housekeeping as we left the lobby, but the room was not cleaned when we had returned at 6:00 pm.. no worries.. the front desk lady brought us new towels at my request and was very apologetic.

The breakfast was adequate with exceptional coffee. All in all, despite the little issues, this place was a very good value, clean and spacious, and I recommend it.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade.. you never know
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelRepresentative1, Director of Sales at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
What a beautiful time of year for a wedding in our area! Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am so happy to know that our loft room was to your liking and that you found us to be a great value! I do apologize that there was a misunderstanding with housekeeping. I did see that the front desk host made sure to notify our head housekeeper so that she could address the issue. We do our best to be pro-active so that your stay is as seamless and enjoyable as possible, but please always know, if anything is not working correctly in your room or you are experiencing excessive noise, never hesitate to contact the front desk so that issues may be addressed immediately. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit otherwise and hope that you will visit us again soon! Enjoy your summer!
Port Perry, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

It was an average hotel, the front staff were friendly but seemed to want to rush our check in. It is cheaper than nearby Burlington. The front entrance smells like chlorine from the pool, a salt water pool would be an improvement plus it only opens at 9am and we had to leave by then. Would have been nice to get a swim in earlier. Bed was ultra comfy for me. Didn't notice the road noise in the evening but it kept me awake in the morning even with a fan running and could hear the ceiling squeaking from the floor above. My suggestion - ask for a room on the top floor and opposite the road.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are an economy property known for our clean, comfortable rooms, great customer service, and great value in the popular Burlington area! I am so glad to hear that you found our staff friendly, our price reasonable, and your bed comfortable! The high marks you gave for value, location, and cleanliness are appreciated! I apologize that there were other aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We take all feedback, negative and positive, very seriously. Honest reviews allow us an opportunity to create the best stay possible for our guests. When staying with us, if you ever are having an issue, we want to hear about it so that we can do our very best to address any situation you may be having immediately. Guest service is our top priority and we want each and every person to fully enjoy their stay and leave happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Colchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I would never make this Days Inn my first choice. The building's appearance was poor. It looked run down and sketchy. The lobby's overall look was fine. The rooms looked fine other than not having any comfortable chairs. Fortunately we chained the door which was the only thing that prevented maintenance from walking in on us due to a misunderstanding. Then the pool chemicals were so harsh the adjoining lobby was hard to breath in and the water turned our hair to twine. The "fresh" fruit was not very fresh and the eggs were horrible. The maid didn't restock our towels or shampoo. She didn't change our ice bucket bag that was next to the tip envelope which she did find. The traffic was loud. The other guests were loud. Thus sleep was difficult. The room smelled stuffy. The front desk checked me out w the wrong card and I stood there waiting not knowing I was all set to leave because she without a word to me turned her attention to someone else. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The best I can say about this place is rooms are available with refrigerators and microwaves without any additional fee. The beds were comfortable. And the locks worked.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HotelRepresentative1, Director of Sales at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Being an award winning Days Inn property for the past 19 years, I sincerely apologize that you found your stay less than satisfactory. We are a value property in the Burlington area that prides itself in offering a clean, comfortable stay at a reasonable price. I am sorry that you did not feel that our property met your expectations. I welcome you to stay with us the next time you are in town. We would love the chance to host you again and will work diligently to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your stay.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Reasonable accommodations at a lower price than nearby Burlington. Location was close to nearby Highway. I stayed here while running the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon and choose this hotel in part because they did not require a two night stay. Other Hotels in Burlington required a two night minimum.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Days Inn Colchester and found us to be in a good location, at a great value, in the Burlington area! We truly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We hope to see you next year for the marathon, if not before!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,444 reviews

Been to Days Inn Colchester Burlington? Share your experiences!