“Needs upgrading”

Days Inn Colchester Burlington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel website claims it has been recently upgraded, unfortunately we must have been in a part that had been missed. The room was drab, there was a tear in the quilt on the bed and the single chair was very uncomfortable. To access our room we took a short corridor and small set of stairs that looked more like a service corridor and included a door to the basement which was propped open leaving refuse and junk open to view..

We did request a change of room but were told none were available which was strange as the hotel was not busy and they were still advertising availability on their website. Breakfast was limited and equally disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MissyClark, Director of Sales at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

39 of our guest rooms and all of our public areas and hallways were completely renovated in January of this year. The remaining 34 guest rooms were renovated in April of 2009 and will be updated again in the near future. Many economy hotels do not offer breakfast, but we are proud to offer a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast that we stock with hot cheese omelets, our hot, fresh, make your own waffles, a variety of breads for toasting, a varity of yogurt choices, fresh seasonal fruit, a variety of hot and cold cereals, coffee, tea, and juices. Our goal is that everyone who stays with us has an enjoyable experience. As an award winning Days Inn property for the past 19 years, we have a proven track record of providing clean, comfortable rooms and outstanding service. My sincere apologies that your stay did not live up to the standards we strive for.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Only stayed for one night, but the bedroom was nice and the people working there were all very nice. The only quirk was that the bathroom smelled like chemicals when we got in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to mention your comment regarding the smell of the cleaning products in the bathroom to our head housekeeper. I appreciate your feedback, we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Burlington area.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is a very good spot if you are visiting St. Michaels College. The college is right across the street. If you are visiting Burlington VT on a budget, it is also a good place to stay as the hotel is inexpensive compared to the other hotels in the area. It is not really near anything other than the college. You need to get on the expressway to go anywhere including getting something to eat. Things are not that far away though via car. Burlington is a short ride.
I felt the hotel needed an upgrade and renovation. The room we had was a king size suite. the room was a corner room and it was big, but it felt like it was missing something. it seemed like it used to be a two queen bed room. the 1/2 of the room just contained the fridge and micro by itself with the desk against the window. The bathroom was small-but clean and mold free which is important.
Breakfast was not the greatest. They lacked selection.
Fitness center is horrible. they should just remove this from their amenities. It is a small room with 4 pieces of equipment from the 80's or early 90's. the two ellipticals did not work. the first one I tried was very flimsy and I thought I was going to fall and hurt myself so I got off it. the 2nd elliptical would not turn on. the treadmill was the only thing I used and it was very outdated.
I did not use the pool, but it was very small.
this is a good hotel on a budget, or just to visit the area. If you are used to Holiday Inn or best western standards you will be disappointed.
The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MissyClark, Director of Sales at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting St. Michael's College. We host many St. Michael's families and we appreciate your business. We are in an amazing central location in Colchester as we are literally just minutes from Essex Junction, Winooski, Williston, South Burlington and Burlington! People choose us as we are known for being the best value in the Burlington area with clean, comfortable rooms and award winning customer service! We are always happy to help you find an abundance of local shops, restaurants, and attractions nearby. I-89 is close which adds to our convenience, but you do not have to take the highway to access at least eight local dining options within just a mile of our property. Your feedback is important to us and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We certainly want to make sure we are taking every measure possible to ensure that our guests enjoy their experience. Please know that we have recently completed renovating over half of our guest rooms and are committed to continual renovations and upgrades including guests rooms and our fitness room. I am glad you otherwise enjoyed your visit and hope you will return again to see changes that are continually being made. Kind regards.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
MissyClark, Director of Sales at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the one of the best values in New England! The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, they offer everything needed for a comfortable stay and, yes, it is a basic, no frills property, just the way I want it. Being welcomed by Wil, with his smiling face and engaging personality, makes me feel like I am glad to end my day here.
What a great home away from home for a weary business traveler.

Room Tip: Not an option for a smoker, the entire hotel is blessedly non-smoking
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MissyClark, Director of Sales at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

How nice to hear from a returning guest! Our business travelers are like family to us as we know we are their "home away from home". I am so pleased you enjoy staying with us and I thank you for the kind words and great review of your experience. It is always a pleasure to share these reviews with our staff. Wil will get a kick out of seeing his name mentioned on trip advisor! I appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience with us. Thank you for being a loyal guest. We greatly appreciate your business!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn Colchester early on this month and I left behind my most valuable item - a gold coin on a gold chain necklace that was left to me by my late grandfather. The necklace was priceless to me, but would have also been worth over $300. After some searching, the hotel staff called me to inform me that they had found my necklace and could ship it to my home. No hotel could have ever made me happier.

Also, I had a great stay for my one night in VT. I did a presentation at UVM and it was my birthday, so I decided to pay a little extra for a jacuzzi room. It was definitely worth it, and the balcony was also much appreciated. I wish I could have stayed for longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MissyClark, Director of Sales at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your story. I can't imagine how it must have felt to notice you had left behind such a priceless item. It makes me happy to hear that our staff was able to find the necklace your grandfather had given to you and that you have it back in your possession. What a great way to start your new year! Good for you for treating yourself to one of our jacuzzi suites for your birthday! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope that you will be able to stay a bit longer if you have a chance to visit the Burlington area again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Days Inn Colchester Burlington? Share your experiences!