“Great Stay, Good Value”

Days Inn Colchester Burlington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great Stay, Good Value! Only was able to stay half of one night due to an early morning flight- but slept well. all other hotels quoted at least $50 more per night.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. We would love to have you return again when you can stay longer and truly enjoy our Award Winning quality and service.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Only stayed overnight, but was pleasantly surprised. After reading other reviews, I was a little hesitant. For $128.00 Cdn. on Expedia, felt the price was sufficient. We had a non-smoking room which was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. We stayed in room 224. However, if booking several days in advance, I would ask to be on the top floor, facing parking lot. You do hear the traffic, which we drowned out with the fan. Also, could hear people walking above, but only until they got settled in ;-)

Room Tip: Room away from the street or facing parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is always our pleasure to provide a clean room and comfortable bed to our valued guests. We welcome requests for rooms away from the road as well as on higher floors and we always do our best accommodate these requests. As our hotel converts to non-smoking in November, the stale cigarette smell will be eliminated and all of our guests will enjoy an odor free hotel. We certainly look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Reviewed October 13, 2012

nice workers, clean place and excellent hotel to stay in, breakfast was really nice and coffee in the morning. Also the area around was quiet and easy to be in. The swimming pool looked nice but I had no time for swimming. Overall the experience was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I sincerely appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers. My award winning staff is the backbone to this award winning Days Inn. Without each of them diligently working to exceed each customer's expectations, the Days Inn - Colchester wouldn't be able to provide the enjoyable hotel stay you recently experienced. Thank you again for letting us know what we are doing right. When you return to the Burlington area we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I thought my days of staying at the Days Inn where long gone, but here I was dying to go to Burlington, Vt with my family for a long weekend, and EVERY SINGLE HOTEL IN TOWN was fully booked. From Burlington, to Stowe, from Shelbourne, to Jay's Peak....I could not find a single room for less than $500 a night. Finally, the day before our trip, Travelocity showed availability at this Days Inn. The price, at $150 a night, was super high for a 2 star hotel, but given our desperation, and lack of options, took it for what is was!

I arrived in a kind of state of panic (not since I was a college student chasing Dave Mathews around the mid west had I stayed at a Days Inn), that further escalated when I saw the building. The old, red, wooden building, looks decrepit and a little scary upon arrival. We parked our car in the free parking (big and plentyfull), and entered the lobby with a deep breath.

There were several people in line before us, but check in was fast and efficient. We walked up to our room on the third floor, past hallways that reeked of smoke. We were given "Suite 302", in an area of the hotel that appears to be newer than the rest, and where the smell of smoke is a lot less intense. When we entered our room, I have to say, we were surprised in an interesting way. We had a two floor, loft suite, with a hot tub in the bathroom.
Considering we were traveling with a child, the "living room with pull out couch and TV on the main floor, and master bedroom, on the second floor, arrangement" was quite convenient and allowed for privacy, which is always appreciated.
The pullout couch where my son had to sleep, looked dirty and old. The mattress was very uncomfotable, and only works for a 30 pound kid. I dont think an adult could sleep there without ending up at the chiropractor. There was a sheet, a blanket and a pillow in the room for the couch. The TV had a full cable selection. Also on the main floor was a sink, a microwave, coffee maker, and newer, large fridge. Very convenient.
The bathroom was large, the hot tub was kind of funky, but functional....again, my son enjoyed it very much, and there was also a separate shower in the room. Convenient.
On the top floor, reached by very long steep stairs, was a nice, large room with a double bed, a second TV, a large window with lots of light and two night tables. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, and we had a good nights sleep. The only down side is that the hotel is close to a main road and an airport, so if you are a light sleeper (unlike us), it might be a bit noisy.
The room was clean, but the furniture it self is very run down. The bathroom was also clean and simple. Internet and local calls were free, which is always a plus. Breakfast is included, which is convenient as well. The breakfast room was very clean and large, and breakfast options included hard boiled eggs, large waffles, yogurt, assorted breads and bagels, cream cheese, jam, peanut butter, fruits, juices, coffee and cereals. I would say its basic but complete. Service was good and efficient.
The location of the hotel is surprisingly good if you are looking for a cheaper option when visiting Burlington. If you have a car, the dirve to downtown is less than 6 minutes, and the hotel itself is very accesible to the highway.
Overall, I would recomend this hotel if ....
1. You stay in the newer section, which does not reek of smoke
2. Are looking for cheap and basic
3. You book it during off season and dont end up paying $150 dollars per night like us.

Our experience was good, and I would actually consider staying here again just so I can save and shop more in Burlington =)

Room Tip: Rooms in the low 300's are newer and have two floors.
1  Thank c21579
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent & enjoyable stay with us. I am very proud of my outstanding and award winning staff. Without the true dedication of my front desk and housekeeping personnel the hotel would not be as wonderful as it is. I agree that the sofa bed is best suited for a child and that is why we do not advertise that we have sofa beds. We want to ensure that our guests enjoy their nights sleep and certainly any sofa bed new or old is not condusive to that. We will be rennovating our hotel in November and soon you will return to new interior corridor carpets, new sofa beds, and flat screen tvs, and more. We listen closely to the needs of our customers and have added healthier options as you had mentioned to our breakfast selection as well. Certainly we will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed here periodically over the years when I visit Burlington. The rooms and the price, along with the location, make this the best choice for an moderately priced room in Burlington/Colchester. The rooms are large, clean and have decks! Dogs are very welcome, as long as you stay in a smoking room. The smoking rooms do not smell at all, and are just as clean as the others. The staff is laid back and helpful. The continental breakfast is actually edible and healthy if you want it to be, unhealthy if you want it to be too. The beds are comfortable with plenty of soft pillows. Cannot go wrong with staying here.

Room Tip: The rooms facing south over the parking lot look over the Winooski River and get the sun as well. Th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for pointing our your continued satisfaction with our hotel quality and service. We look forward to our upcoming rennovation which will provide the necessary updates to our rooms and hallways. Our service is second to none and we sincerely look forward to your return visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
1 mi away
Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Days Inn Colchester Burlington? Share your experiences!