“Very good stay. Nice staff.”

Days Inn Colchester Burlington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Myrtle Beach, SC
“Very good stay. Nice staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three days last week and I definitely recommend it. We got a reduced rate on the Days Inn website for staying three days and it was very fair. While a little dated, the room was clean, comfortable and pleasant. Bed was fine. We were on the river side of the hotel and noise from the highway was not an issue at all. Breakfast was nice, coffee was excellent. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. We will absolutely stay here again.

I can see that the manager reads these reviews so would just like to offer a friendly suggestion that you increase the room rates by $1.50 and dispense with the safe charge. Okay, so I guess I agreed to it when I booked online, but really, who reads all the fine print? When I inquired about the charge and noted that we did not use the safe, the money was refunded to me. Thanks for that. Your room rates are very fair and I doubt that people would even notice or care if you bumped them by $1.50 and you would avoid having to deal with curmudgeons like me.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andy132
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
I sincerely appreciate your feedback as it is a valuable tool for the 45 million Trip Advisor followers. In regards to your suggestion, I would gladly adjust the rate to include the safe fee, however, we have to separate it as the Safemark company receives the money from each stay.

I am glad to hear that you will be staying with in the future. I sincerely look forward to meeting you in person. Pleasant and safe travels to you and yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights during the American thanksgiving day holiday. Was down their for some good black friday deals and needed an affordable place to stay. The staff were excellent and fixed a tv problem we had in our room right away. The motel is dated but they are currently fixing it up. Our room was very comfortable and clean, the only drawback was the noise from above, below and the hallway. Hopefully they will better soundproof the rooms during the renovations. The continental breakfast that was included was good, with the usual cereals, waffles, juice and assorted bagels and buns. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MontrealBobby
Thank you for your review. I sincerely appreciate your praise and honesty. The Days Inn - Colchester is a Chairman's Award Winning hotel and we will continue to renovate and improve our facilities with our valued guests in mind.
Stoneham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

This hotel was disgusting. There was hair on the bathroom tub walls and bottom of tub and noone from my family had taken a shower yet. Obviously, the tub was not cleaned. Our "non smoking" room reeked of smoke. The pool was so strong with chemicals, I can still smell it on mine and my families clothes almost a week later. There was a domestic dispute between a couple (not in my party) in the breakfast room ending in my son getting hot coffee thrown on him. My other 3 young children had to witness this and subsequently, the police were called. I was not compensated in any other manner other than they wanted to give me 30% on my next stay and had to put excluding holidays in parentheses! When I called the manager, she was rude and definately not dealing in good customer serivce. It's like the old saying, "you get what you pay for." Do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RachaelSacco
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with other travelers. Upon your arrival, your courtesy phone call response indicates that your room and the service provided was fine. Unfortunately, there was a domestic dispute between two guests in the breakfast room on the morning of your departure and when the coffee was thrown your son was hit. I am so very thankful that he was not injured or burned. Within 3 minutes of the event, two police departments were onsite and speaking with you as well as your son and other guests who witnessed the event. So, in order for your review to be fair I think that you should have also included that you and your son spoke with the Police Chief, Assistant General Manager and Front Desk Manager and on all occassions you both indicated that your son was not injured by the coffee and that your stay up until that point was great.

In good faith and knowing that this event was completely not at any fault of the hotel employees or owners, my Assistant General Manager had an apology letter sent to you with a future discount. Furthermore, after speaking with you on several occassions after you received our good faith letter, you received a 30% discount off of your stay - the stay that you "really enjoyed."

On behalf of my staff and I, I hope that you will return to the Colchester Days Inn as we have recently upgraded our hotel rooms and lobby. We have been recognized by Days Inn for 17 consecutive years as one of the best in the system with the Chairman's Award for Quality and Service.

I wish you safe and pleasant travels in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Swanton, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I have been with my boyfriend for five months and I had mentioned that i wanted to stay at the days Inn because they have a jaccuzzi in the room and he said to me I booked us a hotel room with a jacuzzi in the room and i said ok so i was checking the room out and i found a water bottle cap on the edge of the jacuzzi and then i found hair on the bathrrom floor and then went to the bedroom and found a week or better worth of dust everywhere.then i found a stain on the sheet which supposedly we were lying about but i find that disatisyfing to the guest when the manager of the hotel gives us only 10 dollars off our stay that night and a twenty five percent off on our next stay and not only that we didnt have a remote for the downstairs tv and the bathroom door didnt shut all the way and for the amount of money we paid we should of got more of a discount and not been called liars.it was probably a isolated inccident but i think we got it taken care of by the housekeeper who did the room on saturday thank you to that housekeeper i give you a thumbs up keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you found your stay less than satisfying. I certainly hope that you utilize your future discount so that my staff and I can extend our award winning quality and service that we are known for.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

I’ve been going to this hotel for the past 3 years and there are many reasons why I continually return to this hotel

1- The staff - service is the up most importance to them. Always available to help along with a smile, each time they go out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcomed.
2- Price – always competitive along with a free full continental breakfast – how can you beat that!
3- Location location location – about a 1/5 of mile of the Interstate 89– 8 minute drive from Burlington’s Church street and all the beautiful shops.
4- Rooms – clean, comfortable, large, some have a loft (2nd floor) my favorite, beds are comfortable.
5- Free full continental breakfast – fresh fruit, always fresh hot coffee, yummy delicious hot waffles, many types of cereal etc…

To sum it all up I DEFINITLY recommend this little hidden away gem. I love it there and I’m sure you will to.

Sasha

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your continued satisfaction with my staff and hotel. We value your business and certainly look forward to hosting you in the future.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

My husband and I spent there four days last week, we loved a lot this hotel, the room was very clean and the service was very pleasant, beautiful smiles, very polite. We would return to it without hesitating.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. My staff and I are constantly trying to raise the standard of our quality and service. We all look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Greenwood Village, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

My wife and I fly frequently out of Burlington Airport. We usually take early morning flights and have to drive from New York State. The Days Inn eliminates our flying worries. We arrive the evening before our flight, leave our car there (eliminating the $10 per day airport parking fee) and they provide free taxi service to the airport the next morning. On our arrival home, we call the Days Inn and they send a taxi for us. The service has always been friendly, the wake-up calls were right on time and our room was always clean and safe. This package deal (room-park-shuttle) has always been a good option at a good price and we will continue to stay at the Days Inn in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the traveling public. I look forward to you staying at the Colchester Days Inn in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,444 reviews

Been to Days Inn Colchester Burlington? Share your experiences!